NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On Twitter this morning :

e7d0c7677d8360a0054cd6d559db37c4.jpg

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
We certainly are being bold by trying to deal directly with South American club. Trying to think of other Englsh clubs who have bought directly from SA and not come up with many. Hernandez signed for Man U from Guadalajara but Costa, Aguero, Sanchez all came via Spain ( and of course Ulloa). Has there ever been a direct signing to a Championship club?

Is this a sign that this and Calleri are just in the too difficult box?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Just seem to be back and forth between positive he will sign and definitely not happening. Feeling more positive this morning if it seems corinthians arent interested

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We certainly are being bold by trying to deal directly with South American club. Trying to think of other Englsh clubs who have bought directly from SA and not come up with many. Hernandez signed for Man U from Guadalajara but Costa, Aguero, Sanchez all came via Spain ( and of course Ulloa). Has there ever been a direct signing to a Championship club?

Middlesbrough bought Juninho from Sao Paulo - that worked out pretty well for them

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Fenerbache, Udinese, Sampdoria, Espanyol, Shanghai the reported competition while Corinthians are seemingly/maybe/maybe not out of it.......... but not clear who has actually bid.

Who would he choose?

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Sheff United signed Alex Sabella from River Plate, after the deal to sign Maradona fell through.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

Those great success stories Cristian 'Chino' Baz & Agustin Battipiedi ?

Interestingly Emelec's Argentinian replacement for The Killer also has the nickname "el chino"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fenerbache, Udinese, Sampdoria, Espanyol, Shanghai the reported competition while Corinthians are seemingly/maybe/maybe not out of it.......... but not clear who has actually bid.

Who would he choose?

Samp has the best kit, so I'd go there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Latest "inside" (ex-player?) leak from Emelec is that bids are from England (bhafc) Spain (Espanyol) and China (Shanghai)
Resolution in theory later today.

Edit: from what I can make out Emelec have a press conference at 8.30 in Argentina (14.30 our time if I guess right) where they are in preseason.
Might be news on Bolanos or might not

Last edited:

albionite

May 20, 2009
Latest "inside" (ex-player?) leak from Emelec is that bids are from England (bhafc) Spain (Espanyol) and China (Shanghai)
Resolution in theory later today

Interesting if true.

Who would want to play football in China unless you are after a final pay day? Espanyol are the real threat if they have made a bid. Can see him going there over us.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I smell bs with the espanyol link. Their record signing is 4 million. Which was 10 years ago. Like most Spanish sides they're broke and by looks of it have only paid over 1 million once in the last 5 years.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I smell bs with the espanyol link. Their record signing is 4 million. Which was 10 years ago. Like most Spanish sides they're broke and by looks of it have only paid over 1 million once in the last 5 years.

Us or China then.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Resolution in theory later today
Good Old Shanghai By the Sea ? ???

They may be able to offer more wages ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here