Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mild rant - Supermarket trolleys

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m just off to walk a friends dogs in the countryside, a few hours of telling them not to eat sheep shite, half a rabbit or to stop rolling in something really smelly :lolol:

Yep, last time we were up on the downs mine got stuck into some horse poo which he vommed up in the car on the way home :rolleyes:

They are CUTE though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What are you talking about?

Hastings Tesco has escalators and the trolleys have a wheel designed to grip the groove of the escalator.

Oh, one of those moving ramp things - I believe they're called travelators. Escalators have steps - a moving staircase in fact - most usuitable for shopping trolleys!

I have come across a travelator in an Asda in Birmingham, but the vast majority of supermarkets have nothing of the sort. What they mostly do have, however, is trolley parks in the most inconveniient places - poor planning and design.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Don't get me started on supermarket trolleys! Firstly the lazy idiots who just abandon them in car park blocking spaces or allowing them to roll into your car. And then the delicate chavs who can't carry a few bags and choose to wheel the trolley all the way home but then dump it nowhere near their home but on the grass verge or somewhere similar.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep, last time we were up on the downs mine got stuck into some horse poo which he vommed up in the car on the way home :rolleyes:

They are CUTE though.

I see your horse poo and raise you a carrier bag full of human diarrhea.

Thrown in the nearest river.

IMG_20211018_214015_739.jpg

Tw@t.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I see your horse poo and raise you a carrier bag full of human diarrhea.

Thrown in the nearest river.

View attachment 146386

Tw@t.
:lolol: that reminds me of coming back from a camping trip in NZ on a sunday afternoon when my mates dog Jagger decided to launch a gut full of some semi digested mammalian remains all over the centre console of the van we were driving which caused the bird in the passenger seat to follow suit....:lolol:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Don't get me started on supermarket trolleys! Firstly the lazy idiots who just abandon them in car park blocking spaces or allowing them to roll into your car. And then the delicate chavs who can't carry a few bags and choose to wheel the trolley all the way home but then dump it nowhere near their home but on the grass verge or somewhere similar.

they make a decent make shift barbecue with a bit of adaptation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t know how some of you lot get through the day …trials and tribulations of life eh

Kudos, I suppose, for being the first on the thread to (possibly) admit chucking litter out of your car and just dumping Supermarket trolleys :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Polluting rivers is also completely unacceptable, I’m afraid. Or did you mean you chucked the dog in the river?

The dog was sent in head first.

Hardly a punishment as it was then impossible to get the shite stained weapon back out again

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Went to Sainsbury today and was pissed off to see how many trolleys had just been left by car parking spaces.

How hard is it to return them to the trolley parks?

Are these people too busy, important, or lazy? Maybe they think it’s someone else’s job?

Petty I know, rant over

I am turning into Victor Meldrew :down:

Dont suppose if you noticed if they were selling door handles in there? Asking for a friend

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dont suppose if you noticed if they were selling door handles in there? Asking for a friend

Racks and racks of them :wink:

My go to place for door handles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here