Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mild rant - Supermarket trolleys

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Went to Sainsbury today and was pissed off to see how many trolleys had just been left by car parking spaces.

How hard is it to return them to the trolley parks?

Are these people too busy, important, or lazy? Maybe they think it’s someone else’s job?

Petty I know, rant over

I am turning into Victor Meldrew :down:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At that Sainsbury's (West Hove?) the company can't be arsed to tidy up the sea of litter in the hedges and on the ground. Parking up a few weeks ago, there were literally dozens of empty Red Bull etc cans under one of their shrubs.

The manager clearly doesn't have any pride and passes that onto the exterior staff.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
At that Sainsbury's (West Hove?) the company can't be arsed to tidy up the sea of litter in the hedges and on the ground. Parking up a few weeks ago, there were literally dozens of empty Red Bull etc cans under one of their shrubs.

The manager clearly doesn't have any pride and passes that onto the exterior staff.

Nah, Rustington, the place is well maintained

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Even when people can be bothered to take their trolley to the trolley park it drives me mad they don't slot a big trolley into the big trolley line and a small trolley into the small trolley line thus meaning more space for more trollies. How hard is it ?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Has anyone ever had anything happen to a trolley when trying to wheel it out of the car park over the red lines that are somehow magically meant to stop the trolley??

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I thought this might have been a rant about David Cameron who played for us at the Withdean ( not the ex PM) he played randomly all over the place like a shopping trolley. In fact there were quite a few shopping trolley-like players in those days

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought this might have been a rant about David Cameron who played for us at the Withdean ( not the ex PM) he played randomly all over the place like a shopping trolley. In fact there were quite a few shopping trolley-like players in those days

That was Mark McCammon.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Went to Sainsbury today and was pissed off to see how many trolleys had just been left by car parking spaces.

Are these people too busy, important, or lazy? Maybe they think it’s someone else’s job?

Petty I know, rant over

Our local Sainsburys in South Ruislip is the pits for those knuckle draggers, who don't return the trolleys.
You park your car well out of the way, and on your return there's loads of the ******* things flash mob around your car.
Spend your time moving them out of the way, only for the guy with a limp and a lazy eye telling you it's his job to move them.
You cannot win :shootself:lolol:

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011

Petty I know, rant over

Cart Narcs are your friends!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Petty I know, rant over

No, you're not necessarily turning into Victor Meldrew (although you might be!) but if you take a serioud look at many supermarket car parks, the trolley stations are not in the optimum places. Many times a trollry left on a walk-way, or by a signboard, is far more convenient for less able shoppers to pick up on their way to the doors.

Should have the £1 deposit system
So what about the millions of people who haven't carried pound coins around for pretty much the last two years? Pretty shit idea. Keep up!

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No, you're not necessarily turning into Victor Meldrew (although you might be!) but if you take a serioud look at many supermarket car parks, the trolley stations are not in the optimum places. Many times a trollry left on a walk-way, or by a signboard, is far more convenient for less able shoppers to pick up on their way to the doorsQUOTE]

Nah there are always loads of trolleys once you reach the top of the escalator at the entrance to the shop. Why feck around taking one up the escalator that some lazy ******* couldn’t be arsed to wheel no more than 20 metres?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, you're not necessarily turning into Victor Meldrew (although you might be!) but if you take a serioud look at many supermarket car parks, the trolley stations are not in the optimum places. Many times a trollry left on a walk-way, or by a signboard, is far more convenient for less able shoppers to pick up on their way to the doorsQUOTE]

Nah there are always loads of trolleys once you reach the top of the escalator at the entrance to the shop. Why feck around taking one up the escalator that some lazy ******* couldn’t be arsed to wheel no more than 20 metres?
Unfortunately for that argument a vast majority of supermarkets don't have escalators - in fact I'd go so far as to suggest that none of them do!. Very difficult to keep the front wheels on one step while standing a few steps lower holding up the other end. Trolleys aren't built for escalators any more than they are good on stairs!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The supermarkets hire third party companies such as Trolleywise to recover trolleys and return them back to the stores - they are then billed per trolley (over £20 each) each time. This is a relative bargain because they cost over £200 each new.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here