Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mild rant - Supermarket trolleys

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Has anyone ever had anything happen to a trolley when trying to wheel it out of the car park over the red lines that are somehow magically meant to stop the trolley??

Yes - the wheels locked, on one occasion - on others, I managed to take it way past the magical barrier.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
At that Sainsbury's (West Hove?) the company can't be arsed to tidy up the sea of litter in the hedges and on the ground. Parking up a few weeks ago, there were literally dozens of empty Red Bull etc cans under one of their shrubs.

The manager clearly doesn't have any pride and passes that onto the exterior staff.

what about the numbskulls who just assume its ok to drop a food or drink container on the floor when they are finished with it .....boils my piss.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Haven’t noticed this problem in M&S food halls it all seems very civilised.

That's because the people that use M&S food halls are so old they all have those shopping bags on wheels - no need for trolleys. :wink:

D

Deleted member 2719

what about the numbskulls who just assume its ok to drop a food or drink container on the floor when they are finished with it .....boils my piss.

While your piss was boiling, mine went into vaporization, whilst in McDonalds in Southampton once.
A car full of kids late teens, ate their food in the car then drove off they had left all the packaging outside their car doors leaving the whole car parking spot full of litter.
If they had not parked so near to the exit, I would have stuck my car across it blocking them in.

This was probably 6 to 7 years ago and it still vividly in my mind and what lack of respect people have for society, did their parents even show them anytype of general standards?

:rant:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
While your piss was boiling, mine went into vaporization, whilst in McDonalds in Southampton once.
A car full of kids late teens, ate their food in the car then drove off they had left all the packaging outside their car doors leaving the whole car parking spot full of litter.
If they had not parked so near to the exit, I would have stuck my car across it blocking them in.

This was probably 6 to 7 years ago and it still vividly in my mind and what lack of respect people have for society, did their parents even show them anytype of general standards?

Litter really makes my blood boil. The number of times I've had to risk life and limb to remove something my dog has found and thinks is a high value prize is stupid. Disguarded masks are a perfect example - FFS - they can KILL dogs.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

yearp...maccas and kfc patrons seem to be the prevalent offenders....pigs.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Unfortunately for that argument a vast majority of supermarkets don't have escalators - in fact I'd go so far as to suggest that none of them do!. Very difficult to keep the front wheels on one step while standing a few steps lower holding up the other end. Trolleys aren't built for escalators any more than they are good on stairs!

What are you talking about?

Hastings Tesco has escalators and the trolleys have a wheel designed to grip the groove of the escalator.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Nah this is a punishment against those of us who can never be organised. Also my daughter keeps nicking all my change.

I keep a Euro in the car - can't be spent when I'm in the UK.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Even when people can be bothered to take their trolley to the trolley park it drives me mad they don't slot a big trolley into the big trolley line and a small trolley into the small trolley line thus meaning more space for more trollies. How hard is it ?

THIS

This really pisses me off, I've decided that it is actually a society culture issue, if people can't be bothered to take the extra two seconds to put trolleys inside each other and showing just a tiny bit of respect for both unwritten rules and someone elses job what hope have we got...

The other thing I've noticed more and more recently is how close people drive behind me, I drive about 20 miles per day in rural Oxfordshire but it probably happens at least two or three times a day and in various speed zones, what's the point? They never overtake, they should just leave a reasonable gap. Only a fool breaks the two second rule!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The supermarkets hire third party companies such as Trolleywise to recover trolleys and return them back to the stores - they are then billed per trolley (over £20 each) each time. This is a relative bargain because they cost over £200 each new.

4th wheel is an optional extra?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Litter really makes my blood boil. The number of times I've had to risk life and limb to remove something my dog has found and thinks is a high value prize is stupid. Disguarded masks are a perfect example - FFS - they can KILL dogs.

This.

It's possible to get a little desensitised to litter, so much of it is there, but get a puppy and you'll soon find out exactly how filthy human beings are. Entire walks spent pulling them away from something dodgy on the lead or taking stuff out of their gobs that could cause real damage.

Just this morning I took mine along the seafront and I let him off the lead in the old pitch and putt to run around. Right, bang in the middle of the grass is a discarded Seven Up can and guess who found it? FFS.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This.

It's possible to get a little desensitised to litter, so much of it is there, but get a puppy and you'll soon find out exactly how filthy human beings are. Entire walks spent pulling them away from something dodgy on the lead or taking stuff out of their gobs that could cause real damage.

Just this morning I took mine along the seafront and I let him off the lead in the old pitch and putt to run around. Right, bang in the middle of the grass is a discarded Seven Up can and guess who found it? FFS.

I’m just off to walk a friends dogs in the countryside, a few hours of telling them not to eat sheep shite, half a rabbit or to stop rolling in something really smelly :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here