Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message to the fans who are moaning about Slade's Sacking.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Wilkins was given over a year, if Knight didn't like what he saw after that time he had every right to get ride of him. Like we've always said about this case, no one knows what happened behind the scenes, and the fans shouldn't feel as though they are entitled to know.

Your question answers my point, 'leaving it too late', proving my point that Knight wanted to give him as much time as possible without it being too detrimental.

Fair enough - although I can understand why Bloom would think better to get rid now, rather than wait until we're in serious danger of being relegated. Current form suggests that's where we were headed under Slade, sadly.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Slade has shown that he would never be capable of taking us to where Tony Bloom and us real fans want to see the Club in the future - as I have been saying for some weeks.

If kicking around the lower leagues, with the odd jump into the Championship for a season, was the objective, I am sure Russell Slade would have been ok. However, that falls way short of Tony Bloom's ambitions for the Club he obviously loves. It is no nice to have a real fan of the Club in charge at last!

If Tony Bloom wants us in the Championship by the time we get to Falmer he better get his f***ing cheque book out and buy big in the January transfer window coz this squad is not good enough to get us promotion and keep us there - we need to be building NOW with several £1m+ players coming in ASAP!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
*SIGH*
Who said he only signed Bobby? I said that since Fulham sacked him, they went from strength to strength and have even got our Bobby now. What I said about Adams was that he ran off at the sniff of a better job.

Didn't Adams get Fulham promoted before getting the sack just because Al Fayed wanted a high profile manager in so he got Keegan. Keegan who had never really been tested as a manager as he has always had money to throw around and as we all know, runs away from the first difficulty.

As for the appointments by Knight, how many had he made the decision and how many have been made by the money men behind the club! DK was to all intents and purposes a frontman.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Fair enough - although I can understand why Bloom would think better to get rid now, rather than wait until we're in serious danger of being relegated. Current form suggests that's where we were headed under Slade, sadly.

I can understand both sides really. I see perhaps it is better to get rid now, going by this seasons performences and results. I just don't like what the arrival of Bloom brings, as great as it is in some aspects, I'm not so keen on others. It might sound crazy to a lot of people, but I don't like this endless supply of money being avaliable to us, being able to buy out managers when he sees fit, paying over the top prices for players who aren't even worth it. Queue comments saying how ridiculous this is.... :lol:

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
I can understand both sides really. I see perhaps it is better to get rid now, going by this seasons performences and results. I just don't like what the arrival of Bloom brings, as great as it is in some aspects, I'm not so keen on others. It might sound crazy to a lot of people, but I don't like this endless supply of money being avaliable to us, being able to buy out managers when he sees fit, paying over the top prices for players who aren't even worth it. Queue comments saying how ridiculous this is.... :lol:

Good post

I said this earlier about this situation. This is it, Brighton fans cant have one's cake and eat it too, for a better a phrase.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can understand both sides really.

The run of poor form before a turnaround in fortunes is the same as a run of poor form that never ends. There's no telling when everything will click.

I can understand that some people are negative and look at it and say "I can't see us turning it around", and I can understand (and was in fact one of them) the people that say "I know it looks bad, but we just need one or two things to click into place, and I think it will, and we will tun it around". Neither side is necessarily being short-sighted, nor are they failing to see the big picture or think long term.

What I don't get are people who are so certain either way. Neither side can know one way or the other.

Doesn't seem ridiculous to me. IMO, it depends whether the current Chairman is going to manage/run the Club as a businessman of as a fan; I would share your concerns if it's the latter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here