Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message to the fans who are moaning about Slade's Sacking.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
With respect Uncle S, thats utter cobblers.
There is not a single fan at Withdean who would NOT want us promoted to the Championship, thats a ludicrous statement. Better stadiums, more exposure, more exciting fixtures, famous players, bigger crowds, better atmosphere, it absolutely goes without saying that everyone would rather be up and competing in that environment.

Are you honestly saying that I wanted Slade to be given a chance this season because in actual fact I want us to keep being SHIT ? Or that I have enjoyed those home defeats because it keeps us down amongst the dead men ? Thats a bit insulting, frankly.

We are rapidly becoming the Newcastle of League One. Misplaced delusions of grandeur are dressed up as "ambition", and the one constant thing at this club is impatience and the insatiable demand for IMMEDIATE success. Well success on the pitch just does not happen overnight. It takes time, patience, trust and investment. Without that, you'll just have what we have now. A constantly revolving door and a stream of managers who are all ultimately branded failures after a few games, then we start all over again.

NO team has ever sacked its way up the leagues.

:thumbsup: You've said it much better than I could. A manager should have a chance to build and 15 games isn't any yardstick. What'll happen after 15 games if this new guy has the same record? Some of our fans are so short sighted it's laughable.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
There is an element of truth in what PP is saying. There is undoubtedly a large band of supporters who feel more solidarity supporting a woeful and inept team kicking around at the arse end of the English football league system. These people feel more worthy and important being in small band of die hards who love to recite the Gillingham and Hereford days. As a fan you are more important to the club if there's only 2000 of you.

If we ever achieve success again 1 fan in 22500 is not as important and their worthiness is diminished.

I swear some fans on here really fear us being successful and would rather plod along with a 2nd rate manager at the arse end of the league.

Thankfully Tony Bloom has ambition.

The same supporters who wanted Adams too stay and also have complained about RS removal, and keep trotting out the same excuses' about gelling and all that shite,even though we have a bloated squad on good money for this division and also DESPITE the worst home record for the last 2 yrs - amazing!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why is it so ridiculous.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
When I say significant I mean a few hundred but these people tend to be the more vocal.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
There is an element of truth in what PP is saying. There is undoubtedly a large band of supporters who feel more solidarity supporting a woeful and inept team kicking around at the arse end of the English football league system. These people feel more worthy and important being in small band of die hards who love to recite the Gillingham and Hereford days. As a fan you are more important to the club if there's only 2000 of you.

If we ever achieve success again 1 fan in 22500 is not as important and their worthiness is diminished.

I swear some fans on here really fear us being successful and would rather plod along with a 2nd rate manager at the arse end of the league.

Agreed although some may feel the constant battle against crapness is fun I dont

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Fear not folks! The new manager & coaching staff will have us in a play-off position within 10 games; take us up automatically come the end of the season; & we'll be starting off at Falmer with a sell-out crowd against Man U in our inaugural season in The Premiership. Honest.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings

Err...what a load of old tosh (IMHO). Who is this supposed group of fifth columnists then? Are they mightier and more powerful than all the others who have stuck by this club and worked so hard to push it forward. Could they ultimately undermine anything? Name some names within this 'large band' of worthy and important fans, as I don't know a single one who doesn't want the Albion to be everything it can possibly be. Yes we happen to have a club that has underachieved, dallied with relegation, economic uncertainty, even extinction, on too regular a basis. Yes our fans supported the club throughout and even mobilised themselves to great things. But that solidarity and loyalty is not the same as accepting, enjoying or even wanting abject mediocrity for some self-serving purpose.

Sounds to me like you simply have an axe to grind with one or two people specifically.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Sadly it's people like you and Ernest who stir it up for any sodding manager.

There are people who actually believe what you have to say and cannot look past some of your deluded comments when what we were witnessing was sometihng that was trying to go in the right direction with tangible proof on the pitch.

Sio what happens now - Coppell comes in - loses 5 of the first 6 and you people will want him out. What do you want and exactly how do you see it being achieved and if it isn't, how patient will you be?

The danger is with the fixtures you have in November - Southampton, Norwich, Leeds and Charlton - 5 lost out of 6 is a possibility.:nono:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You need to understand that we have a new Chairman with ambition for himself and our Club - he is a winner!

Now if you cannot accept that, or the thought of being a supporter of a Club who is actually going places at last, just piss of and support another team like Crawley, Eastbourne Borough, or even Lewes. Having said that, Crawley and Eastbourne Borough may even have too much ambition for you given their success over recent years! :bigwave:

Come on Tony Bloom, get the show on the road at last! :yahoo:
What a crock of shit! You have completely and totally (either intentionally or otherwise) misread or misinterpreted the sentiments of 99% of the fans who are not totally happy with Slade's sacking. The ONLY difference between us and you is we don't think sacking the manager every time we have a few bad months is the way to build for the future

I genuinely believe there is a significant band of " supporters " who would prefer us to always be lowly BHAFC in the 3rd or 4th division with 4000 fans absolutely.
Yes. I think that's probably true. You sometimes see the odd post from people saying they hope we 'never reach the prem' as the prem is an invention of the evil money-grabbing Murdoch and full of overpaid non-English prima-donnas and you can drink beer on the terraces at Lewes y'know. However it is a minority who think that, and not as pork pie has assumed - everybody who was disappointed with Slade's departure. Like you I want to see Man U at Falmer for a Premiership fixture at least once before I die.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Like you I want to see Man U at Falmer for a Premiership fixture at least once before I die.

I'd be happier if the only way Man U came to Falmer is if they are visiting us in the cup, because they were relegated from the premier league as we went up...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I definitely want us back up with the bigger boys ASAP. But I also take pride in the fact that during our darkest days, I never deserted. I'm not more important than a johnny come lately. Just less likely to f*** off when we don't beat Liverpool away.........

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
:thumbsup: You've said it much better than I could. A manager should have a chance to build and 15 games isn't any yardstick. What'll happen after 15 games if this new guy has the same record? Some of our fans are so short sighted it's laughable.

I dont know why, but I get the feeling that the majority of people that wanted to give Slade more time, are the people that have been to the games. And the majority of people that want him out are people that have been to very few, if any games this season.

Its probably bollocks, but its just how it comes across when you read NSC.

I believe Slade had us playing better football than anything we have seen in 5 or so years. It was just filled with comedyfending that ruined results. Obviously the results werent great, he only won 1/3 of his matches in charge, but at least he got us playing some decent attacking football.

meanmachine25

Jan 24, 2009
The same supporters who wanted Adams too stay and also have complained about RS removal, and keep trotting out the same excuses' about gelling and all that shite,even though we have a bloated squad on good money for this division and also DESPITE the worst home record for the last 2 yrs - amazing!

is it a coincidence that we've had 3 managers in the last 2 years ?:shootself perhaps its the turnover of managers thats the problem ?

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames

:clap2:

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
I dont know why, but I get the feeling that the majority of people that wanted to give Slade more time, are the people that have been to the games. And the majority of people that want him out are people that have been to very few, if any games this season.

Its probably bollocks, but its just how it comes across when you read NSC.

I believe Slade had us playing better football than anything we have seen in 5 or so years. It was just filled with comedyfending that ruined results. Obviously the results werent great, he only won 1/3 of his matches in charge, but at least he got us playing some decent attacking football.

I've been to all our games bar 2 and I was very much in the Slade OUT brigade.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You need to understand that we have a new Chairman with ambition for himself and our Club - he is a winner!

Now if you cannot accept that, or the thought of being a supporter of a Club who is actually going places at last, just piss of and support another team like Crawley, Eastbourne Borough, or even Lewes. Having said that, Crawley and Eastbourne Borough may even have too much ambition for you given their success over recent years! :bigwave:

Come on Tony Bloom, get the show on the road at last! :yahoo:

You have posted similar previously, and I now firmly believe you are a penis of the highest order for your comments regarding supporting another team. Grow some testicles and find something else to say that might be of interest to those of us older than 13

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
When I say significant I mean a few hundred but these people tend to be the more vocal.

More vocal than you. How is that possible. Everyone knows your opinion because you delight in posting your particular brand of negativity every time we lose or one of our players messes up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here