Message to the fans who are moaning about Slade's Sacking.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
You have posted similar previously, and I now firmly believe you are a penis of the highest order for your comments regarding supporting another team. Grow some testicles and find something else to say that might be of interest to those of us older than 13

What is the matter mate? Sulking 'cos Newhaven have not even got a Conference South team for you to watch? :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nope, just the fact Knight picked shite managers! :thumbsup:

I think we've been blessed with some EXCELLENT managers under Knights stewardship. Adams (mk 1), Taylor, Coppell, McGhee, all good experienced 'names' in the game who came to Withdean. And Wilkins turned out to be a good appointment as well, although that all went very sour in the end of course.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think we've been blessed with some EXCELLENT managers under Knights stewardship. Adams (mk 1), Taylor, Coppell, McGhee, all good experienced 'names' in the game who came to Withdean. And Wilkins turned out to be a good appointment as well, although that all went very sour in the end of course.

Don't agree about Magoo, Adams had been dumped by Fulham because he was not good enough to live up to their ambitions - look where they are now - and with our Bobby! He was off like a scoulded cat when the chance of an ASSISTANT Manager's job was offered.

Taylor was short-term and walked when he was told is playing Budget. Coppell was sold. Wilkins was shit on from a great height. So, what about the other muppets on the list?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't agree about Magoo, Adams had been dumped by Fulham because he was not good enough to live up to their ambitions - look where they are now - and with our Bobby! He was off like a scoulded cat when the chance of an ASSISTANT Manager's job was offered.

Taylor was short-term and walked when he was told is playing Budget. Coppell was sold. Wilkins was shit on from a great height. So, what about the other muppets on the list?

*sigh*
Adams didn't only sign Zamora you know. There was also Watson, Cullip, Kuipers, Carpenter, Oatway, Brooker, Rogers, Morgan etc. Whether you like it or not, Adams put together the spine of a side that took us from the arse end of the 4th Division all the way to the Championship. Zamora was an important PART of that obviously, but there are plenty of teams with 25+ goal strikers who achieve f*** all because they've got dross around them. Back-to-back titles largely with Adams's team wuold suggest this wasn't the case.

McGhee took us to our highest league placing in 15 years. It went pear-shaped in the end, but he got us up and kept us up. Does that make him shit in your book then ?

As for Taylor and Coppell, you're talking about the manner of their departures from the club. Does that make them SHIT managers as well ?

Go and have a think.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
*sigh*
Adams didn't only sign Zamora you know. There was also Watson, Cullip, Kuipers, Carpenter, Oatway, Brooker, Rogers, Morgan etc. Whether you like it or not, Adams put together the spine of a side that took us from the arse end of the 4th Division all the way to the Championship. Zamora was an important PART of that obviously, but there are plenty of teams with 25+ goal strikers who achieve f*** all because they've got dross around them. Back-to-back titles largely with Adams's team wuold suggest this wasn't the case.

McGhee took us to our highest league placing in 15 years. It went pear-shaped in the end, but he got us up and kept us up. Does that make him shit in your book then ?

As for Taylor and Coppell, you're talking about the manner of their departures from the club. Does that make them SHIT managers as well ?

Go and have a think.

*SIGH*
Who said he only signed Bobby? I said that since Fulham sacked him, they went from strength to strength and have even got our Bobby now. What I said about Adams was that he ran off at the sniff of a better job.

Magoo lost the plot!

I did not say they were all shit? And Specifically, I was refering to the last two years. Adams and Slade were shite, Wilkins was doing ok and just needed help.

Taylor and Coppell were great - but Tight lost them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmachine25 View Post
is it a coincidence that we've had 3 managers in the last 2 years ? perhaps its the turnover of managers thats the problem ?
Nope, just the fact Knight picked shite managers!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
*SIGH*
Who said he only signed Bobby? I said that since Fulham sacked him, they went from strength to strength and have even got our Bobby now. What I said about Adams was that he ran off at the sniff of a better job.

Magoo lost the plot!

I did not say they were all shit? And Specifically, I was refering to the last two years. Adams and Slade were shite, Wilkins was doing ok and just needed help.

Quote:
is it a coincidence that we've had 3 managers in the last 2 years ? perhaps its the turnover of managers thats the problem ?

Fair enough on Adams, I just assumed you were another one who puts his success here first time round entirely on the back of Zamora. And yes, he jumped ship for a job in the Premiership, but thats hardly surprising. Disappointing, but not surprising. It still doosn't detract from the incredible job he did in totally transforming this club from the joke it had become by the end of the 90's.

Its just curious how you label Adams (mk 1), Coppell, McGhee and Tayor as being "shit" managers, or shit appointments by Knight. Regardless how it played out with them leaving the club, they quite clearly were not shit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If this new man cannot get us promoted within 15 games then I say sack him.

NEW MAN OUT, NEW MAN OUT

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
*SIGH*

Magoo lost the plot!

Quote:

McGhee lost the plot? He kept us in the Championship on a shoe string budget and we went down the next season because we sold our best players! Were you there when we played Ipswich? He's now managing Aberdeen and was wanted by the Scottish national team, so he's hardly a bad manager.

You said that Dick Knight signed "shit managers" thus labelling them all shit. There's a difference between ambition and reality you know- now run along and play your football simulation game.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I genuinely believe there is a significant band of " supporters " who would prefer us to always be lowly BHAFC in the 3rd or 4th division with 4000 fans absolutely.
That is spot on as many have an ego of being a super fan and of whom get noticed:wink:

Times have changed and we are all numbers now:D

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nope, just the fact Knight picked shite managers! :thumbsup:

You seem obsessed with posting shite when it comes to the managers appointed by Dick Knight.

Adams, first time; Coppell; McGhee; Taylor and Horton, all DK appointments and sufficient evidence that you haven't got a clue when spotting good managers. Clearly your hatred of DK affects your ability to think.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
What is the matter mate? Sulking 'cos Newhaven have not even got a Conference South team for you to watch? :lolol:

sorry, didn't know there were unwritten requirements as to living in a Brighton/hove postcode. How incredibly bad of me, I must be such a bad fan:hammer:!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
How can people think it's ok to keep sacking these managers after so little time? People say Bloom represents 'ambition', well that's not how I see it. Knight was ambitious, Bloom is just ruthless. I'm not saying I want us to stay in league one and I understand it's a results business, but I think there has to be a line.

I don't want to become a club where they don't care about the fans and it's all about the money. I know people will say it always is but not to the degree Bloom will make it, he's got the money to carry on doing this time and time again.

I miss Knight :cry:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
How can people think it's ok to keep sacking these managers after so little time? People say Bloom represents 'ambition', well that's not how I see it. Knight was ambitious, Bloom is just ruthless. I'm not saying I want us to stay in league one and I understand it's a results business, but I think there has to be a line.

I don't want to become a club where they don't care about the fans and it's all about the money. I know people will say it always is but not to the degree Bloom will make it, he's got the money to carry on doing this time and time again.

I miss Knight :cry:

The Knight who sacked Wilkins but didn't tell us why?
The Knight who almost left it too late to sack Adams before we were condemed to League 2?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
The Knight who sacked Wilkins but didn't tell us why?
The Knight who almost left it too late to sack Adams before we were condemed to League 2?

Wilkins was given over a year, if Knight didn't like what he saw after that time he had every right to get ride of him. Like we've always said about this case, no one knows what happened behind the scenes, and the fans shouldn't feel as though they are entitled to know.

Your question answers my point, 'leaving it too late', proving my point that Knight wanted to give him as much time as possible without it being too detrimental.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports