Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

Jan 30, 2008
a lot of people voted on the idea of stopping people from just walking into this country, some tough talking to be done by this government i believe
regards
DR

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Any chance of putting up a few quotes off here to back this theory up.

I have not heard anyone who is involved in decision making say this,i havnt heard brexiters express this opinion either so i presume you are basing this on a couple of isolated incidents that probably got reported in the press from people that are idiots with idiot ideas.

A couple of bellends have an opinion and its worthwhile saying this might be mainstream thinking so be very afraid everyone......bloody brexiters!

There have been a couple of muslim bellends with daft opinions actually carrying out their crazy thoughts recently,no doubt you will come out with "How about the hate stuff coming out of the ignorant muslims" for some balance........didnt think so.........

If you think all of the poison and hateful behaviour that is currently surrounding the Labour Party can be laid at the door of Brexiters you are making an even greater specious correlation. It is no doubt painful for people like you to accept, but many people who support a political party that places tolerance at the heart of its values are.............very very intolerant.

The people making death threats to Angela Eagle and Jeremy Corbyn are evidently prepared to go beyond lawful behaviour to achieve their political ends.

Given the narrative that the media is running on the increase in "hate crimes" following Brexit does not benefit the Brexit side of the argument who have just won the debate, I will keep an open mind as to who the individuals are behind hateful graffiti down the local Polish Centre and otherwise.

I am not a bigot in that way..........

Sorry not to have responded to any of these earlier. I am on holiday and with not very good internet access.

But in none of these was I trying to tar everyone with the same brush.

In terms of the "ignorant Brexiters", I meant people like the guy pictured in Romford the day after the leave vote wearing a t-shirt bearing the legend "yes, we voted leave. Now send them all Home", and the people who perpetrate the "Polish vermin" type of stuff. I am not daft enough to think that everyone who voted Leave thinks like that.

In terms of the Labour party, I personally fear that things are going back to the sort of thing that was going on with the "militant" stuff many years ago, am concerned about the reports of bullying etc on both sides.

I am not the sort of person to tar everyone from a particular group with the same brush. Not all Muslims are Terrorists. Not all Leave Voters are racists and not all Corbyn supporters are thugs and bullies, and more than all Crystal Palace fans live in caravans and are called Nigel.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nearly, old labour if you please.

I do support Corbyn, I don't agree with all his points, however he was democratically and legitimately elected and I think that should be respected.

I think the political disloyalty by the PLP is effective suicide for the Labour Party as a consequence, and the introduction of a £25 fee to vote was the icing on the cake.

Means tested democracy brought to you by (supposedly) the party of the working class...........I would weep but I cried myself out when Blair took charge.

He got the Party to this stage.

Let the Labour members carry on their left wing idealogical pressure group experiment, we all know will NEVER get into power, if there was Election tomorrow they'd be removed from the face of this earth.

The sooner Labour splits and a proper opposition to the Tories is formed the better. There is a massive vacuum in the centre of British politics with the Tories slowly drifting further to the right

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Let the Labour members carry on their left wing idealogical pressure group experiment, we all know will NEVER get into power, if there was Election tomorrow they'd be removed from the face of this earth.

The sooner Labour splits and a proper opposition to the Tories is formed the better. There is a massive vacuum in the centre of British politics with the Tories slowly drifting further to the right
Well everyone says that Labour will be wiped out under Corbyn. If that is true what is all the fevered press going on about. They print anything that is negative about Labour like they did with the EU. What are they worried about? Why all the passionate calls for an effective opposition? Corbyn campaigned at least as hard for Remain as the present PM. How does he get all the blame?
All the negative press reminds me more of the days of Tony Benn than it does Militant.
Let’s have an election and see who is right. The tories don’t have the guts.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well everyone says that Labour will be wiped out under Corbyn. If that is true what is all the fevered press going on about. They print anything that is negative about Labour like they did with the EU. What are they worried about? Why all the passionate calls for an effective opposition? Corbyn campaigned at least as hard for Remain as the present PM. How does he get all the blame?
All the negative press reminds me more of the days of Tony Benn than it does Militant.

I agree Cameron campaigned very hard to remain, he was 100% committed, in fact so committed it cost him his job.
Cobryn was I believe 7 or maybe 7 1/2 out of 10 in favour of remaining. Not far away from not really give a toss.

i dont think the thinking is they dont have the guts,its more there is no need for an election constitutionally,and an election that would have a tory landslide anyway would put on hold brexit negotiations when everyone agrees we should be cracking on with them

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I agree Cameron campaigned very hard to remain, he was 100% committed, in fact so committed it cost him his job.
Cobryn was I believe 7 or maybe 7 1/2 out of 10 in favour of remaining. Not far away from not really give a toss.

i dont think the thinking is they dont have the guts,its more there is no need for an election constitutionally,and an election that would have a tory landslide anyway would put on hold brexit negotiations when everyone agrees we should be cracking on with them

Personally I thought that was one of the few realistic and honest comments during the whole shabby affair. Everyone knew Cameron wasn't 10/10 for it, many even believe he was naturally an outer, so when he says he's 100% for in everyone knows that it's just another smarmy lie from an oleaginous politician. Me I was about 5.00000000000000000000000001/10 in favour of in by the end.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Personally I thought that was one of the few realistic and honest comments during the whole shabby affair. Everyone knew Cameron wasn't 10/10 for it, many even believe he was naturally an outer, so when he says he's 100% for in everyone knows that it's just another smarmy lie from an oleaginous politician. Me I was about 5.00000000000000000000000001/10 in favour of in by the end.

ok,first ive heard of Cameron being a closet outer
not really surprised some people believe this

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'd say his campaign was more likely "out" to be honest...If he really wanted "in" he would've put more effort in and that's what annoys labour supporters.

He clearly doesn't like the EU and that's understandable :)

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014

Not sure if I have been deliberately misunderstood. I said present PM as in Theresa May being very low profile. It was Tory and UKIP voters that voted out and a minority of Labour voters.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Not sure if I have been deliberately misunderstood. I said present PM as in Theresa May being very low profile. It was Tory and UKIP voters that voted out and a minority of Labour voters.

because sunderland is a hotbed of minority labour voters

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Many? Did they? I don't ever recall seeing anything that would have been remotely like what you are suggesting? Do you mean that is what you thought, but the use of the word "many" just gives it that shade more credence. Where is your evidence that "many" thought this?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Everybody says that Labour can’t win an election under Corbyn so it must be true, right? Just last year everyone said Cameron could not get a majority in the General Election. Last month everyone said the people would vote Remain.
The press must think Corbyn can win otherwise why bother with the barrage of negativity? They must be worried about something.
Labour are forcing U-turns from the government and winning bye-elections. You won’t see that printed anywhere.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Everybody says that Labour can’t win an election under Corbyn so it must be true, right? Just last year everyone said Cameron could not get a majority in the General Election. Last month everyone said the people would vote Remain.
The press must think Corbyn can win otherwise why bother with the barrage of negativity? They must be worried about something.
Labour are forcing U-turns from the government and winning bye-elections. You won’t see that printed anywhere.

you'll find the Corbyn thread elsewhere on NSC. its not a press conspiracy, if you hadn't heard most the Labour MPs dont think he's up to the job, groups within Labour are against him and polling puts him as the worst ever opposition leader. you're right that he shouldnt take all the blame for Brexit, he is blamed for not bringing through the Labour vote in Labour heartlands, probably unjustly as perhaps they have they have their own opinions and dont follow Labour party policy on all matters.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
you'll find the Corbyn thread elsewhere on NSC. its not a press conspiracy, if you hadn't heard most the Labour MPs dont think he's up to the job, groups within Labour are against him and polling puts him as the worst ever opposition leader. you're right that he shouldnt take all the blame for Brexit, he is blamed for not bringing through the Labour vote in Labour heartlands, probably unjustly as perhaps they have they have their own opinions and dont follow Labour party policy on all matters.

There's been doubt about Corbyn from all sides for months, way before Brexit. People don't want doibt at this point in time, whatever the reason, we want solid people who can demonstrate backbone. We need it. I'd loved it if Corbyn was that man. He's not.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

We have more chance of winning the Champions League by 2020 than Corbyn winning a General Election. They can't even win Scotland let alone the heart of England

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Many? Did they? I don't ever recall seeing anything that would have been remotely like what you are suggesting? Do you mean that is what you thought, but the use of the word "many" just gives it that shade more credence. Where is your evidence that "many" thought this?

See above. Personally I didn't "think" it but I was told it by someone very close to him as well as the newspaper articles on the subject and television reportage . So it was "thought". Sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
We have more chance of winning the Champions League by 2020 than Corbyn winning a General Election. They can't even win Scotland let alone the heart of England

Read recently that the percentage of Labour voters for Remain was 63% with SNP 64%. Tories vote for Remain was 43%. That will be Corbyns fault then?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

Yes, another pro EU party that has a majority of MPs that support a free labour market in the EU, rampant privatisation and austerity.

Sounds like the Tory party to me.

You won't win back the the working class hat voted leave.............

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yes, another pro EU party that has a majority of MPs that support a free labour market in the EU, rampant privatisation and austerity.

Sounds like the Tory party to me.

You won't win back the the working class hat voted leave.............

I live in the village I went to school in and have the privilege of lifetime friends from up and down the social scale. My middle class friends are a mix but all of my 'working class' friends seem to be way to the right of me. They certainly wouldn't vote Labour if Corbyn was involved. If they wanted a banner to march behind I fear it would be more likely to read UKIP (although to be honest I don't think many of them would bother to march anywhere very much).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here