Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon!

KinkyGoebels said:
Not in the Leeds game then when he was dire?

The Leeds game wasn't among his better ones last season, that's true enough.

By the way, I know that you are particularly severe on players who miss headers from close range, like you apparently feel Big Mac does all the time. So just to let you know on Saturday, Leon missed one from about three yards out :thumbsup:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well he should have scored then.

Still thats one in a game not like Mccammon who missed 3 in one half last year.

But if he has somehow become good ill get behind him and eat humble pie (again)

KinkyGoebels said:
But if he has somehow become good ill get behind him and eat humble pie (again)

I can honestly say, if you didn't like him before, you won't like him now. Nothing has changed - he's the same player, same strengths, same weaknesses.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Can't we take him back and get our pound back?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
A Hull fan's view of McCammon

'McCammon looked a lot more effective than CKR had been and looked like he could cause us more bother.

He wasn't anything special (bearing in mind I saw Wolves last week and they looked a quality outfit) but could work well if he got the chance to partner someone like Knight up front. He seemed pretty fast for someone his size (I'm used to seeing the likes of Steve Torpey and Barry Conlon) and with Knight partnering him would be up against the slower centre back so he could gain there. It would also obviously allow Knight to get into shooting positions more often, it didn't seem right him not being up front.

He could do with a bit of work doing on his aerial game but we've got a nice big back line (barring Dawson who was against Knight) so it may have been a bit deceptive and you should just be glad Cort wasn't playing. You could probably count on one hand the amount of fairly contested headers he's lost out on in the last year.'

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yorkie said:

'McCammon looked a lot more effective than CKR had been and looked like he could cause us more bother.

He wasn't anything special (bearing in mind I saw Wolves last week and they looked a quality outfit) but could work well if he got the chance to partner someone like Knight up front. He seemed pretty fast for someone his size (I'm used to seeing the likes of Steve Torpey and Barry Conlon) and with Knight partnering him would be up against the slower centre back so he could gain there. It would also obviously allow Knight to get into shooting positions more often, it didn't seem right him not being up front.

He could do with a bit of work doing on his aerial game but we've got a nice big back line (barring Dawson who was against Knight) so it may have been a bit deceptive and you should just be glad Cort wasn't playing. You could probably count on one hand the amount of fairly contested headers he's lost out on in the last year.'

exactly - i thought he had a good game, its just a shame that some people will not change their views no matter how well he plays and how hard he tries

Wes

Aug 23, 2005
Brighton
I feel McCammon still has alot to offer the team (I know i'll get bollocked for saying this but I don't care). He's a very different striker to ones we've got at the minute, and offers the most goals. I can't see CKR or Robinson scoring more than 5 this season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Scotty M said:
exactly - i thought he had a good game, its just a shame that some people will not change their views no matter how well he plays and how hard he tries
#

If he puts in the effort and commitment people expect and not do stupid things like getting thrown off the team bus coz he disagreed with the manager I think there is no reason why people wont change their opinion of him.

Tank, Crumps, Codner, Chivers etc all did it.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Yorkie said:

Was that from Richie Morris?

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here