Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I have in the past said on many occasions that McCammon isn't up to the task.
I also said before yesterdays game that he looked out of his depth against Woking Reserves...........

However, i will give credit where credit is due, and Mark McCammon was our best player in the second half and if he was a bit sharper we would have got something out of the game.

Keep up the good work Trolley and you may find the general consensus of opinion will change................:clap2:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
spoke to a millwall fan today,he said he was the biggest waster at theirs,and he couldnt believe mm brought him for the 2nd time.as i said in earlier post he did ok yesterday,but that was all ok.he also said our fans were great:clap2:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm afraid to say that ultimately I don't feel he is ever going to truly be Championship standard, but we only have the 5 strikers at the moment and he's certainly unique amongst them in the options he provides.

I thought he had a great game yesterday, and its a shame so many people had already decided they were going to boo and abuse him before the 2nd half kicked off, hopefully a few of them have changed their opinions.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ATFC Seagull said:
I thought he had a great game yesterday, and its a shame so many people had already decided they were going to boo and abuse him before the 2nd half kicked off, hopefully a few of them have changed their opinions.

i was calling for his introuduction from the start - ridiculously, the people in front thought i was joking

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Junior McDougald said that because Mark McCammon is able to play in the Championship he is considering coming out of retirement.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
West Hoathly Seagull said:
Sorry for being presumptuous (sp?), Yorkie. It's just that you and I both feel he has had far too much biting criticism on here.

He deffinatly desrved all the critcisim he got,and i gave my fair share of it too.

HOWEVER,on yesterdays performance i will put anymore criticism on hold.He did OK,but i still think he should win more in the air for a player his size and build.

fatboy said:
Junior McDougald said that because Mark McCammon is able to play in the Championship he is considering coming out of retirement.

I assume you were among the group of hilarious wits who booed Big Mac when the Derby PA guy read out his name :)

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
London Irish said:
I assume you were among the group of hilarious wits who booed Big Mac when the Derby PA guy read out his name :)

I didn't hear anyone boo him.

I think he is shit but I'd love to be proved wrong. I will support anyone in a Brighton shirt while they are on the pitch.

London Irish said:

Did you not see the flag?

28012.jpg

fatboy said:
I didn't hear anyone boo him.

:)

Twice - the first time loudly when the PA guy read out the subs' list, and the second time when the substitution was actually announced at the beginning of the second half, although that was much more muted because the clowns couldn't quite believe what they were seeing :lol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
London Irish said:
the second time when the substitution was actually announced at the beginning of the second half, although that was much more muted because the clowns couldn't quite believe what they were seeing :lol:

it was also deafened by laughter and several cheers

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
I'm hoping that we're going to see a new, improved Mark McCammon now that there is more competition for places

bakesy said:
I'm hoping that we're going to see a new, improved Mark McCammon now that there is more competition for places

Looks the same one to me :lol:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
London Irish said:
Looks the same one to me :lol:
I thought he played reasonably well yesterday, and we definately created more when he was on the pitch.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I've only seen McCammon play badly before yesterday, but give him credit he really looked dangerous at Hull and on another day may have got himself a goal and/ or set up one for someone else.

My eyebrows were raised at Jake's appearance from the start. I still think he is a good option to bring on in the second half to either chase a goal or increase a lead. I'm not sure that starting him in a game away from home was the best way of using him...

Stevie_boy said:
Shit then

Well, apparently not, if you read the comments on here. But I couldn't begin to forecast what fans' reaction to him on here is now - it's totally baffling.

To me, he played exactly like he did, for example, when we were last in Yorkshire playing Sheff Utd.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Well, apparently not, if you read the comments on here. But I couldn't begin to forecast what fans' reaction to him on here is now - it's totally baffling.

To me, he played exactly like he did, for example, when we were last in Yorkshire playing Sheff Utd.

Not in the Leeds game then when he was dire?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here