Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon!

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
I think we need to start McCammon next game, when he entered the field of play yesterday he put in more effort than anyone in blue and white yesterday, bar Hammond who I thought had the best game for us, which isn't saying much.

We were unlucky to score with the Knight header at 1-0 from an excellent McCammon flick on, and his persistence nearly paid off when a deflection off the keeper could have gone anywhere.

If we are to play one up top, we need to have someone who will challenge headers and on rare occaision actually win one. I'd like to see CKR in the action but I can't agree with him playing the lone striker role if he puts in lack-lusture performances alle yesterday's.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
What is wrong with Turienzo?

Can we recall McPhee if we need him?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
well said mr kane!

i think after last seasons mess up, mccammon knows he is fighting for his future, and that was why he put in the effort yesterday. with him up top, we looked so much more of an attacking threat than with kazim richards, who just seemed to want to moan at the ref. the big mac linked up well with leon as well, and that is what we needed

fine performance, and has earnt his place back in the squad after it

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
fatboy said:

injured apparently - him and marky mac up front would be a dream come true

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatboy said:

Can we recall McPhee if we need him?
Turienzo pulled up on Wednesday night in the reserve game.
The assistant physio had difficulty finding out what was wrong as he answered yes to every question.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
As Yorkie will almost certainly point out, he got the winner against Sunderland last season, which kept us up, and if he had been a little sharper, he could have had a goal himself as well as setting up a header that Leon should have scored.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I wasn't going to point that out, no.
The same way as I wasn't going to point out that Oatway cleared off the line at Rotherham to save 2 points there :lolol: :lolol:

He did have a better game though.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yorkie said:
The same way as I wasn't going to point out that Oatway cleared off the line at Rotherham to save 2 points there :lolol: :lolol:

mccammon deserves to be given a chance after yesterday

speaking of that rotherham match, seeing as it took a paul mclaren header to win that one for us, when exactly was the last time we won by scoring a goal for ourselves

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yorkie said:
Turienzo pulled up on Wednesday night in the reserve game.
The assistant physio had difficulty finding out what was wrong as he answered yes to every question.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I really don't think they'd have signed him - let alone for over 100k - if he they had much doubt that he was going to be at least better than what we have.

We've hardly seen him play - give him a chance.

Dear old Big Mac.

He is my two-and-a-half-year-old daughter's favourite player and she is going to get a signed foto of the great man on her birthday :clap2:

Just make sure he's still here in January, McGhee. A little girl's happiness depends on it :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
West Hoathly Seagull said:
Sorry for being presumptuous (sp?), Yorkie. It's just that you and I both feel he has had far too much biting criticism on here.

It was posted tongue in cheek which is why I posted the smiley.

Can we have a smiley that denotes this?
:p

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
London Irish said:
Dear old Big Mac.

He is my two-and-a-half-year-old daughter's favourite player and she is going to get a signed foto of the great man on her birthday :clap2:

Just make sure he's still here in January, McGhee. A little girl's happiness depends on it :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

i wish i had a signed photo of the big man

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
i have an england shirt with his name on :lolol:

isnt he a barbados international or something like that?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Scotty M said:
isnt he a barbados international or something like that?

im sure if sven wants him then he could pull on the white.

i might get his name taken off though and put on oatway or butters......

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
im sure if sven wants him then he could pull on the white.

i might get his name taken off though and put on oatway or butters......

no way - marky mac is a superb player. the next emile heskey should he ever be given an international call up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here