Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayweather fight ?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
you are not my mate ?
Hahaha shut up you c#nt !!!
Like I give a toss it was a figure of speech ya drip & the law changes once you're in the ring muppet

i think you find it doesn't

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
All I can guess is you're a windup account so now going on my block list. You've just said punching with your fists in the ring is okay, therefore the law DOES change when you enter the ring. :nono:

there are rules set side for Boxing you plank same for rugby same for every other sport, are you telling me as soon as you enter the ring or a pitch there are no laws?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure but isnt this law changes thing when you go into the ring down to abiding by the rules of the sport. Footballers and rugby players have been prosecuted or sued for fouls etc outside of the rules of the sport. Wasn't there a case in the papers recently of a police officer getting done for assault for hitting an opponent in a a rugby match.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
there are rules set side for Boxing you plank same for rugby same for every other sport, are you telling me as soon as you enter the ring or a pitch there are no laws?

When was the last time you saw someone charged for assault in the boxing ring? The only one I can think of is Tyson. Did that get anywhere? Headbutts are like two footed tackles. They are wrong, but part of the game.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
When was the last time you saw someone charged for assault in the boxing ring? The only one I can think of is Tyson. Did that get anywhere? Headbutts are like two footed tackles. They are wrong, but part of the game.

Boxing was almost taken of the sporting world on a number of occasions, so eye gouging in rugby are part of the game, elbow part of the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_8b1pd3Mas

take it ya wasnt saying the Gills player tackle was assault like the many other users and saying oh dont worry its part of the game?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Boxing was almost taken of the sporting world on a number of occasions, so eye gouging in rugby are part of the game, elbow part of the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_8b1pd3Mas

take it ya wasnt saying the Gills player tackle was assault like the many other users and saying oh dont worry its part of the game?

No, I was saying he should have been sent off, as per the RULES OF THE GAME.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mayweather has more sense than to fight Manny as he would get well beat. I think he will either choose Khan or pack up again. He now hand picks his opponents even more so than he did originally.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Mayweather has more sense than to fight Manny as he would get well beat. I think he will either choose Khan or pack up again. He now hand picks his opponents even more so than he did originally.
Yeah you're bang on there

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Actually although I don't agree with ya and "you are not my mate"
That abusive post was a little harsh..... Sorry about that anyway

no problem we all have different views.

IMO if some one try's to head butt the way happened last night then that is assault, just as it happened in the ring, pitch what ever does not make it any different, laws are laws at the end of the day, the fact is as soon as he did that the fight should have been stopped, now were slagging of Mayweather when in fact the fight should have been over 30secs before that. Ortiz should have been disqualified.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sadly its not going to happen, can see Khan being the next fight. Which would be amusing to watch.

yeah , a dead ringer for sole advertising............paccy and flloyd are the one , it will probably take about 15 mill to get them together in a year and a half or so...

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
no problem we all have different views.

IMO if some one try's to head butt the way happened last night then that is assault, just as it happened in the ring, pitch what ever does not make it any different, laws are laws at the end of the day, the fact is as soon as he did that the fight should have been stopped, now were slagging of Mayweather when in fact the fight should have been over 30secs before that. Ortiz should have been disqualified.

Yeah I was never saying the headbutt was right, it was out of order but I just thought the way mayweather went about the knockout was really sneaky & not something you really see in world class boxing where as use of the head is pretty common although still not acceptable.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Yeah I was never saying the headbutt was right, it was out of order but I just thought the way mayweather went about the knockout was really sneaky & not something you really see in world class boxing where as use of the head is pretty common although still not acceptable.

i cant say in recent fights i have ever seen a head butt as intentional as that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here