Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan dropped for Fulham game.

D

Deleted member 2719

Goalkeeper substitutions at half time, not due to injury. Special mention to Foderingham who only last 20 minutes :lolol:

Ramsbottom, 2018.
Bankole, 2016.
Perez, 2014
Jensen, 2014.
Rachubka, 2011.
Molina, 2004.
Baxter, 2003.
Emberson, 2000.
Kuipers, 2000.
Courtois, 2019.
Foderingham (not half time, but after 20 minutes!), 2012.
Guzmán, 1997.
Lehmann, 1993.
Margetson, 1993.

20 Minutes, he must have been playing a stinker.

Impressive homework. 10 out of 10:clap2:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Goalkeeper substitutions at half time, not due to injury. Special mention to Foderingham who only last 20 minutes :lolol:

Ramsbottom, 2018.
Bankole, 2016.
Perez, 2014
Jensen, 2014.
Rachubka, 2011.
Molina, 2004.
Baxter, 2003.
Emberson, 2000.
Kuipers, 2000.
Courtois, 2019.
Guzmán, 1997.
Lehmann, 1993.
Margetson, 1993.

I actually saw this recently - Di Canio wanted to teach him a lesson about humility. He was having a contract dispute at the time, he let in two in the first 20 minutes and Di Canio subbed him off. He stormed down the touchline shouting profanities and kicked a water bottle or two at the side of the pitch. Di Canio called him, "League 1 Wes" in the post match interview. He's now back up goalkeeper at Sheffield United.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Ramsbottom, 2018.
Bankole, 2016.
Perez, 2014
Jensen, 2014.
Rachubka, 2011.
Molina, 2004.
Baxter, 2003.
Emberson, 2000.
Kuipers, 2000.
Courtois, 2019.
Guzmán, 1997.
Lehmann, 1993.
Margetson, 1993.

What game was Kuipers one? I don’t recall it...?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I actually saw this recently - Di Canio wanted to teach him a lesson about humility. He was having a contract dispute at the time, he let in two in the first 20 minutes and Di Canio subbed him off. He stormed down the touchline shouting profanities and kicked a water bottle or two at the side of the pitch. Di Canio called him, "League 1 Wes" in the post match interview. He's now back up goalkeeper at Sheffield United.

At 0:14, the drama.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

That was his debut. It was away at Southend first game of the season we won league 2 (or division 4 as it should be called)

We lost the game 2-0, Kuipers was s***.

He went on to be one of our best ever keepers

We went on the win the division and start our rise up the leagues

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

Southend away, first game of the season

Replaced by Mark Cartwright and not seen again until an injury to Cartwright, during a record run of clean sheets. I'm pretty sure Kuipers returned to the team at Hull away. I was on the Costa Express pretty much every game that season and we were all really concerned when Michel was picked. Safe to say he really quickly turned us all around and what a legend he became. But he stands out as the single best example of not writing someone off after one game.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
That was his debut. It was away at Southend first game of the season we won league 2 (or division 4 as it should be called)

We lost the game 2-0, Kuipers was s***.

He went on to be one of our best ever keepers

We went on the win the division and start our rise up the leagues

...and apart from being a great goalie, FDM was also an absolute master in the art of time wasting if we were winning...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

He went straight from Swindon to Rangers, playing well over 100 games, so l don't think that little incident set him back too much!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
...and apart from being a great goalie, FDM was also an absolute master in the art of time wasting if we were winning...

He was also quite effective had having a 'chat' with his defence, make sure they're still awake and other important snippets of mid game information.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Maybe we can catch Arsenal now.

Shooting practice in these areas please chaps. . . . .

goal.jpg

no doubt Ryan will have a worldie day.:eek:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Away at Southend in August 2000. Zamora's first game for us I think.
It was that game, but Zamora had been on loan to us before. In fact I'm not even sure he had actually signed for that game or whether it was a couple of games later.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Away at Southend in August 2000. Zamora's first game for us I think.

The team came out to “Bring on the Champions” from the Albion faithful I think. We did win the league too didn’t we. Great days and we were so enthused to have signed BZ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here