Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan dropped for Fulham game.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I can think of at least one poster who consistently asks anyone to come up with evidence of one Ryan error costing a goal, others who post metrics and graphics showing Ryan is as good as other EPL first choices.

If some people believe that he’s made no errors costing an EPL goal this season, my query to them, not you, is whether Ryan being dropped is an injustice?

@Ratt_Myan care to comment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I love his interaction with supporters at games.

Hmnn, I sat right behind the goal at the Southampton game the other day and there was absolutely no interaction with us at all, although I did miss kick off by a couple of minutes. The rest of the first half he didn't so much as look at as once :shrug: I was hoping for at least a few verses of Waltzing Matilda, or Kookaburra in the gum tree :flounce:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan’s form is undoubtedly poor (suspect Leicester’s first goal was the trigger for today’s action), and resting, dropping or whatever the term is may or may not help.......but he’s neither as good or bad as he’s portrayed on here (along with every other player). His stats this season are pretty damning in terms of shots saved though.

So many posters are prone to ridiculous hyperbole - we lose a game and we’re ‘shocking’, ‘disgraceful’ etc and several players are ‘league one at best’......and when we win the opposite is true. The reality is most have a ‘5’ game and an ‘8.5’ game and hover between the two game by game. Most of the team having 6s and 7s and we lose.......

What we really haven’t had from Ryan are the real howlers that virtually every other keeper seems prone to make.....just a succession of ‘could he gave done better ?’ instances......

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Is Steele simply there to warm the bench and do warm ups etc? Or is Ryan actually injured. Steele has been benchwarmer all the time except for the last time Maty was dropped.

New keeper incoming in Jan I reckon.
New keeper in and Ryan + Steele/Walton out.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Decision thoroughly justified. Clean sheet. Top class triple save. If he doesn't keep the jersey for the next few matches now I'll start believing the idiots that say Potter hasn't got a clue.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Must surely keep the shirt for Sunday. Not much to do but was called into action twice to make good saves.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I adore Maty, but Sanchez pulled of a MOM performance with those three saves in the second half and saved us a point there, which sadly Maty hasn't done all season.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
It was claimed that Maty Ryan was dropped for 'Tactical Reasons'

Well, if Potter drops Sanchez for the Sheffield game after the performance he put in at Craven Cottage then I think Tony Bloom has every right to 'drop' Potter for the rest of his Albion career for tactical reasons :wink:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You were correct!

To the NSC’ers who’ve stoutly defended Ryan as making no errors this season costing us goals and points, is dropping Ryan an unjustice?

I have often said this, but after the Leicester game accepted that it was probably time for a change.

Seeing how much more confident the defence were last night, was a revelation.
Dunk in particular looked to have a weight off his mind.

Sanchez's finger tip save in the first half was a great example of the ones that Maty doesn't get to.
His shirt to lose now.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It was claimed that Maty Ryan was dropped for 'Tactical Reasons'

Well, if Potter drops Sanchez for the Sheffield game after the performance he put in at Craven Cottage then I think Tony Bloom has every right to 'drop' Potter for the rest of his Albion career for tactical reasons :wink:
Potter has already said that Sanchez is playing v Sheffield United.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I did enjoy seeing Dunk thump Sanchez on the back after the triple save at the end.
Reminded me of the D&D assault on Stockdale after the double penalty save against massive :lol:

A mark of respect for the young man.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Sorry, but now you have said that I need to know who they were.:lolol:

Goalkeeper substitutions at half time, not due to injury. Special mention to Foderingham who only last 20 minutes :lolol:

Ramsbottom, 2018.
Bankole, 2016.
Perez, 2014
Jensen, 2014.
Rachubka, 2011.
Molina, 2004.
Baxter, 2003.
Emberson, 2000.
Kuipers, 2000.
Courtois, 2019.
Foderingham (not half time, but after 20 minutes!), 2012.
Guzmán, 1997.
Lehmann, 1993.
Margetson, 1993.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here