Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match v Reading at home moved to Friday 24th Feb for TV

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Even the journalists are complaining

[tweet]806170241457881088[/tweet]

I'm a bit new to twitter, but have already questioned the wisdom of the decision with respect to trains. How do I view other people's replies, I've never been able to work this out.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This.

Any fee from Sky gets swallowed up by paying for more buses, and Park and Ride sites.

And lost beer revenue... and the loss of £200m+ from not being promoted if the margins are as tight as last season, as the difference to atmosphere WILL make at least 1 goal difference.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Crackerjack?

2016-12-06-16-26-15--1996365253.jpg
2016-12-06-16-26-33--669065695.jpg

:vuvu:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why should they, dazzer? The games are still selling out, people are still coming. Their only imperative to make any fuss, either with Sky or SASTA, is if people start to bale on the games. Not likely at the moment.

Already started. Saving well over a hundred quid this Friday night for me and Mrs W to sit indoors and watch the Sky coverage. I am not particularly happy about it, but ongoing rail problems mixed with Leeds, Leeds, Leeds for an evening game possibly turning into a transport/carnage incident and also saving big money before Xmas make it a no brainer when I can have a bottle of wine and no extra outlay in my own lounge. Imagine if that turns into a habit?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Already started. Saving well over a hundred quid this Friday night for me and Mrs W to sit indoors and watch the Sky coverage. I am not particularly happy about it, but ongoing rail problems mixed with Leeds, Leeds, Leeds for an evening game possibly turning into a transport/carnage incident and also saving big money before Xmas make it a no brainer when I can have a bottle of wine and no extra outlay in my own lounge. Imagine if that turns into a habit?

If it does, you'll need to start signing off your posts more formally. Might I suggest:

'Regards

WKW'

or something like that ?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

I think we were 'lucky' that there was no trouble after the Villa game with fans milling around waiting for trains. I can't see the same being true for this Friday if the same issue occurs.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why should they, dazzer? The games are still selling out, people are still coming. Their only imperative to make any fuss, either with Sky or SASTA, is if people start to bale on the games. Not likely at the moment.

How many reasons do you want?

They're largely selling out because of season ticket holders. Plenty of people are going to have to reconsider having one if the SASTA business goes on. You say it's not likely people will start to bale on games, but they already are in huge numbers. This is affecting the atmosphere and therefore the team. There is also a risk that there could be serious disorder at a forthcoming match as a result, potentially leading to points being docked, etc. (not to mention people getting hurt, and more people being put off).

I'm not blaming the club for this btw, purely SASTA and the government.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

That'll help the club out, good on yer.

You could always like, you know, not pay Sky £25 a month for Sky Sports alone which might be the better boycott?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Leeds, Leeds, Leeds for an evening game possibly turning into a transport/carnage incident

This.

I think we were 'lucky' that there was no trouble after the Villa game with fans milling around waiting for trains. I can't see the same being true for this Friday if the same issue occurs.

And this!

Imagine the game with Villa was won by a controversial late goal. The atmosphere in the queues and by the track would have been so different.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That'll help the club out, good on yer.

You could always like, you know, not pay Sky £25 a month for Sky Sports alone which might be the better boycott?

I'm not boycotting anywhere or anything. Take the train situation out of the mix, or make it Saturday 3pm or Sunday midday and I would be there, but I am not doing over a hundred quid to get left on the platform at Falmer at 11pm with hundreds of unhappy Leeds goons. You feel free though.......

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is a big case for the club now to turn down 7:45pm Sky kickoffs.

5:30 Saturday, or Sunday not so much, but it's not far away from serious disorder and injuries waiting to happen.

Leeds, Cardiff ( with all day Christmas holiday drinking ), and Massive are the next 3 Friday nighters.

GRIM.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm not boycotting anywhere or anything. Take the train situation out of the mix, or make it Saturday 3pm or Sunday midday and I would be there, but I am not doing over a hundred quid to get left on the platform at Falmer at 11pm with hundreds of unhappy Leeds goons. You feel free though.......

Fair enough your choice of course, the train situation is absolutely horrendous, but not the club's fault and empty seats could effect atmosphere/performance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That stops me, CMS and Nicholas Van Wotshisface, celebrating our respective birthdays at an Albion home game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There is a big case for the club now to turn down 7:45pm Sky kickoffs.

5:30 Saturday, or Sunday not so much, but it's not far away from serious disorder and injuries waiting to happen.

Leeds, Cardiff ( with all day Christmas holiday drinking ), and Massive are the next 3 Friday nighters.

GRIM.

Cardiff will likely only sell around 5/600 and be very good boyos according to my Cardiff mate. They were good as gold Saturday, I wondered if I'd gone to the wrong place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here