Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive loss announcement followed by season ticket rise

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Of course the club put a spin on this with the little activity in the transfer window then giving us a sweetener with the announcement of the season price's next season

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
For those less intelligent I am not moaning about the season ticket price which I think is very reasonable.

I'm moaning at treating us like children.

That's because most football fans, or at least NSC readers act like children...

Don't get given information, you moan.
Get given information, you moan.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
For those less intelligent I am not moaning about the season ticket price which I think is very reasonable.

I'm moaning at treating us like children.

I don't think they are treating us like children. I think that you have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to people in authority. If Mr Bloom wants to subsidies the club to the ture of £15m a year, then that is his perogative. I don't understand why people like Mr Bloom pay all this money to keep football clubs going when fools like you say stupid things like "he is treating us like children".

If the club was going to break even last season, the average price of a ticket per match would have to increase by £20 per game. But they only put a 2-5% increase on season tickets. And his reward for this is to be moaned at by you.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Don't label me as a moaner. Just a point to note that's all.

Show me my moany threads and for every one I will show you 100 positive threads.

This is not a moany thread. It's just highlighting the different way the club is being run.

I happen to be very happy with the club, Tony Bloom and Paul Barber right now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So earlier than normal.

Look I am not moaning, I really am not. I'm just saying it how it is. THey thought it would be a good idea to announce the loss earlier than normal to in their minds justify the season ticket rise. I don't think they needed to, that's all I am saying.

Maybe that isn't the whole story. I guess they also wanted to respond to unmerited criticism of their actions in the transfer window as well. In fact that may be nearer the mark.

Too many whats, ifs and maybes. Fact - we know they bid very seriously for Grabban, and that they rejected bids for Buckley and others. Those actions alone prove that good old Tony Bloom was prepared yet again to put his hand in his pocket to finance ins and prevent outs.

Quite rightly they have tied in the losses announcement with next seasons ticket prices rise. The 2 matters are ultimately inextricably linked whether some dislike it or not, and it makes sound business and PR sense to get both announcements out in the same week.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Too many whats, ifs and maybes. Fact - we know they bid very seriously for Grabban, and that they rejected bids for Buckley and others. Those actions alone prove that good old Tony Bloom was prepared yet again to put his hand in his pocket to finance ins and prevent outs.

Quite rightly they have tied in the losses announcement with next seasons ticket prices rise. The 2 matters are ultimately inextricably linked whether some dislike it or not, and it makes sound business and PR sense to get both announcements out in the same week.

I agree totally.

And yet some people suggest the two are unlinked.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
From my point of view I would just like more details about the losses,

Was the Ground improvements included
" Planning permission costs for improvements included
" Extra car parks at the Amex included
". Improvements to falmer station included

Im expecting the answer to these questions to be no but it would be nice to know.

What is worrying is that the Amex is 90% full on matchdays & that figure is likely to drop next season
unless we finish this season strongly.

So where have we spent 14m more than we have recieved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here