Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive loss announcement followed by season ticket rise

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What should they have done then, oh wise one?

Normal routine is to reveal the detail when they are filed at companies house, every other year they have been filed at companies house in March or even one year in early April.

Previous filing dates:
26th March 2013
22nd March 2012
6th April 2011

This year - not yet filed, but details announced.

A very clear difference. Clear spin.

But as I have already said, stupid because they don't need to do this, the season ticket price rises are very sensible.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
For those less intelligent I am not moaning about the season ticket price which I think is very reasonable.

I'm moaning at treating us like children.

I agree that it would be far more intelligent to announce the price rises before the transfer window and then sit on the accounts for a couple more weeks and announce them afterwards. That would be treating us like adults :facepalm:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nobody is being treated like children.

It's to be expected that the accounts for the year ended last June would be published about now. And I'd expect season ticket prices to be published in time for the new annual direct debits to kick in, ie about now.

Which announcement would you want to delay?

Roughly 2 months yet ..isent it?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't feel like I'm being treated like a child either. To each their own.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Normal routine is to reveal the detail when they are filed at companies house, every other year they have been filed at companies house in March or even one year in early April.

Previous filing dates:
26th March 2013
22nd March 2012
6th April 2011

But as I have already said, stupid because they don't need to do this, the season ticket price rises are very sensible.

Rock and a hard place.

On the one hand this announcement of loss is right after the January transfer window with some fans up in arms about selling Bridcutt and the lack of purchases. These figures rightly put our transfer activity in context.

On the other hand the announcement also coincides with announcing ST prices.

Not sure what you want them to do?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Blimey - talk about scratching around for a problem where none exists.

Sadly, an all-too-frequent occurrence on NSC.

Fortunately, analysis of the timing of Club announcements has never been part of my Albion-supporting agenda. It seems that, for some, 22 men kicking a ball around on a piece of grass has become only a minor part of their agenda.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Previous filing dates:
26th March 2013
22nd March 2012
6th April 2011

The accounts have been filed, it's just that Companies House takes time to process them, and that delays public viewing for a few days.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This whole thing about a MASSIVE loss makes me smile, 14.7 million sounds a lot, but is it in today's climate? How many clubs are actually operating at a profit? very very few.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The accounts have been filed, it's just that Companies House takes time to process them, and that delays public viewing for a few days.

So earlier than normal.

Look I am not moaning, I really am not. I'm just saying it how it is. THey thought it would be a good idea to announce the loss earlier than normal to in their minds justify the season ticket rise. I don't think they needed to, that's all I am saying.

Maybe that isn't the whole story. I guess they also wanted to respond to unmerited criticism of their actions in the transfer window as well. In fact that may be nearer the mark.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Had the two announcements not been so closely juxtaposed we would be inundated with cries of "how do they justify the increase!"
Makes total sense IMO.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So earlier than normal.

Look I am not moaning, I really am not. I'm just saying it how it is. THey thought it would be a good idea to announce the loss earlier than normal to in their minds justify the season ticket rise. I don't think they needed to, that's all I am saying.

Maybe that isn't the whole story. I guess they also wanted to respond to unmerited criticism of their actions in the transfer window as well. In fact that may be nearer the mark.

Yes, I get confused between moaning and... moaning.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hardly a hike!! Could have been a lot worse given the loss we are making!

Not really. The loss merely shows that the shortfall is NEVER going to be covered by us fans.

Let's call it a £15m loss, and in round numbers, 25,000 fans for 25 games a season. It would take a £24 PER GAME price hike to cover that loss. Our ticket prices are pretty small beer in the great scheme of a "modern" (by which I mean, trading on the back of the owners bank balance) football club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here