Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Keown!

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
He’s a poor pundit and always seems biased towards all his ex teams except for us. He rarely has anything good to say about us which makes me feel he holds some sort of grudge about his loan period with us ( maybe as a a young loaner he was asked to clean the north stand toilets?).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think Jim White sucking up to him on Talksport every day has gone to his head (here we have one of the Invincibles Martin Keown) . For most of the match today all he said was about it being an end to end match. He must’ve said it a dozen times.

Tosser

Stumpy Tim

He’s a poor pundit and always seems biased towards all his ex teams except for us. He rarely has anything good to say about us which makes me feel he holds some sort of grudge about his loan period with us ( maybe as a a young loaner he was asked to clean the north stand toilets?).

To be honest I've only heard him say good things about his time with us. He was clearly a bellend today though

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I still rate Keown and he does like our club going all the way back to the 80’s.

In a world of having to make instant judgements for the TV company, he had tunnel vision simply for the outstretched foot, the tickle on the shin-pad and the felled actor.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Stealing a living. He asked whether Webster practices long passes in training ! Also made some reference to ‘an unprecedented number of games’ for the players to play. Last time I looked there was the PL, the league cup and the FA Cup. Same as ever.

Yoda

English & European
He must be blind, clearly saw Solly touched ball on the 1st replay. 5 replays later and Keown still babbling on, oblivious he touched it! #### !

And then had the gall after it was overturned to say he's like to see it again and when the did once more STILL failed to say any different.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Rate him as a man and pundit, however he came across as a propper **** at the end there.

i wonder if, with so many matches being legally broadcast nowadays, the number of analysts providing info to the summarisers has reduced therefore exposing "pundits" like Keown to having to rely on their own eyes. He said little of relevance today and clearly had his Villa shirt on. Made himself look a fool at the end when he said he'd like to see March's challenge again.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maybe it's time for BT to bring in a rule that co-commentators have to be miss games where they have played for one (or both) of the teams involved

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Maybe it's time for BT to bring in a rule that co-commentators have to be miss games where they have played for one (or both) of the teams involved

I don’t know. Stevie Sidwell’s barely suppressed glee at the end of the game warmed the cockles of my heart immensely.

(I know he wasn’t commentating, but you know what I mean).

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I would imagine this has been an issue forever, but as a "smaller club" we've never really picked up on it. We're rarely on TV away from home against a "big" club, and at home most of us are at the game so have no idea what the Sky/BT commentators are saying.

I said this right at the start of "project restart" but all the while fans are locked out of grounds, I think the TV companies have a duty to get the commentary more even-handed.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Even that wanky BT sport ex ref thought it was a pen...****

Let’s hope that the lads on MOTD clear all this mess up for Keown and the other delusional Villa fans.

Elbow on Veltman: Sending off.
Lamptey Red Card: Not a second yellow.
Penalty Overturn: Right decision.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Let’s hope that the lads on MOTD clear all this mess up for Keown and the other delusional Villa fans.

Elbow on Veltman: Sending off.
Lamptey Red Card: Not a second yellow.
Penalty Overturn: Right decision.
Agree and you hardly ever see a second yellow given so quickly after the first, it’s almost like the refs had a pre season meeting and decided to try and relegate Brighton this season. The pen he has to rule out as A the lad dived like he’d been shot and B Solly clearly won the ball.

VAR must of stopped working for a few seconds and missed the elbowing :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here