Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Interesting if we have insisted on a straight cash deal. Maybe Chelsea demanding too much for Colwill, and there’s better alternative deals out there for us.
Hopefully we have someone lined up for straight replacement and the other money, or part of it, can also be invested in the squad.
Maybe we feel that we are covered ok for the Centre back positions with Van Hecke and Clarke, and instead we’ll go for a left wing back/ left back. We’ve certainly done our research on that it you believe all the press regarding who we’ve been linked with.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
BREAKING NEWS.

My top Yorkshire sauce, [MENTION=41536]Killer Whale[/MENTION], has just told me, that Leeds have put in a bid of 15 million for Cucu.

He has agreed personal terms, saying “ We’re all Leeds aren’t we?”

The deal is expected to be completed tomorrow.

Oh well, at least he’s going to a BIG club now.

It's disappointing that there is no Man City Killer Whale equivalent on here at the moment. I liked his Latin speeches! City missed out on the money spinning idea selling of 'Free Cucurella' cups as well. :cry:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Interesting if we have insisted on a straight cash deal. Maybe Chelsea demanding too much for Colwill, and there’s better alternative deals out there for us.
Hopefully we have someone lined up for straight replacement and the other money, or part of it, can also be invested in the squad.
Maybe we feel that we are covered ok for the Centre back positions with Van Hecke and Clarke, and instead we’ll go for a left wing back/ left back. We’ve certainly done our research on that it you believe all the press regarding who we’ve been linked with.

Something else may be going on.

We seem to have pulled out of the Grillitsch deal, and now perhaps the Colwill deal, (or at least we seem to want it in a separately negotiated deal).

Reminder: Tony Bloom is a professional poker player.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Oh dear. It seems the bed wetters are coming out of the woodwork again.

el punal

I might be miss remembering this? But was there not some thing going on with Calderon and Southampton and Gus saying he will never play for us again? That turned out alright in the end. Maybe this will all blow over.

Most likely will leave for Chelsea, City or some other team that can’t be arsed to find their own talent and buy some else because they’re loaded.

You remembered well. Calde was going to sign for Southampton - don’t know the exact details - but whatever the circumstances were it didn’t happen he stayed with us. A bit humble maybe but it all worked out well in the end.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There's a sort of irony in suggestions that Cucurella going to Chelsea will free up Marcos Alonso to join Barcelona, where Cucurella would rather be. Probably not what he foresaw as the likely outcome of his agent putting in a transfer request.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Undav, Mitoma, Enciso and Van Hecke have already been added

How many of them are Holding centre midfielders of the quality of Bissouma? Or of the LB quality of Cucurella?

In all fairness Enciso may still get loaned out and Undav has NO PL experience so is a wild card....So my point remains perfectly valid ie we start our 6th PL season with a number of significant holes which has hardly made us stronger.... (most clubs can handle losing one big player, for us it could be 3.....) If you are satisfied with the summers dealings then thats fine, however we appear to have a revolving exit door with big fees coming IN with limited to no activity the other way.. that is a concern to me and reminds me of when we sold Ulloa and co and couldn't understand why we were all of a sudden a shit struggling team.......I fear that unless the outgoing balance is redressed with some quality we could struggle.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How many of them are Holding centre midfielders of the quality of Bissouma? Or of the LB quality of Cucurella?

In all fairness Enciso may still get loaned out and Undav has NO PL experience so is a wild card....So my point remains perfectly valid ie we start our 6th PL season with a number of significant holes which has hardly made us stronger.... (most clubs can handle losing one big player, for us it could be 3.....) If you are satisfied with the summers dealings then thats fine, however we appear to have a revolving exit door with big fees coming IN with limited to no activity the other way.. that is a concern to me and reminds me of when we sold Ulloa and co and couldn't understand why we were all of a sudden a shit struggling team.......I fear that unless the outgoing balance is redressed with some quality we could struggle.

I think that although a couple of big players have been sold we have a replacement for Bissouma waiting in the wings. This will be one of McAllister, Muwepu or Cadeido. We also have Alzate and the Polish lad (or did he go on loan again). Anyway I think we are well stocked in central midfield . . . although it is not impossible that we bring another in.

I would say we need to buy a new LWB to replace Cucu if he goes.

To me, what we are doing runs exactly along the long term plan for our club. But cheap and young and sell at a profit, we enjoy the first part but need to be carefully we don't wet the bed on the second.

It is also worth noting that the window hasn't gently closed yet.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

To replace two champions league quality players ??? Not sure how that works.

Bissouma and Cucurella aren’t champions League players. We made them into Champions League players. That’s how it works…
Anyway the implication that club isn’t looking for incoming in those areas and not looking to strengthen - using these ££ - is nonsense (see Grillitsch, Bassey, Colwill interest)

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I see all the bedwetting has started.

Thanks for your insight.

So, what do you recon, Johnson to hang in there or will he step down?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You remembered well. Calde was going to sign for Southampton - don’t know the exact details - but whatever the circumstances were it didn’t happen he stayed with us. A bit humble maybe but it all worked out well in the end.

Something to do with his failing medical due to a potential career-threatening injury. Which, in the end, turned out to be a scraze.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh dear. It seems the bed wetters are coming out of the woodwork again.

From a man who apparently still thinks nothing went wrong after Blair was pushed aside, I'd be circumspect with your lofty prescience, mon vieux ???

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
We are potentially losing our two best players who made a massive contribution to the success of the team last year and are currently replacing from within the squad. Call it bedwetting if you wish but I will be much more comfortable with the seasons prospects when these are replaced. I hope the talk of colwill etc bears fruit soon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Undav, Mitoma, Enciso and Van Hecke have already been added

A bit too literal for those who want you to do all their thinking for them.

Biss, at the moment has been replaced by:-

Jocko and Caicedo who were starters with Biss so their new role now creates a new position further forward for Sacramento, Enciso, Mwepu or anyone else who wants to grab it.

Cucu is different but then again the last time I checked he's still an Albion player.

See post
images (11).jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We are potentially losing our two best players who made a massive contribution to the success of the team last year and are currently replacing from within the squad. Call it bedwetting if you wish but I will be much more comfortable with the seasons prospects when these are replaced. I hope the talk of colwill etc bears fruit soon.

It's betwetting.

Why is Colwill a better player than anyone already on the books?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here