Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Liam Brodie on talk sport saying" I'd love it if we can get Cuca but it'll be a bit underwhelming compared to previous left backs".........let's hope you don't get him then!!

In defence of Brody, he said Cucurella might seem underwhelming given the other players City are linked with or sign. #teamslikebrighton

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Don't want to lose Cucurella , he's been excellent for us.

I'm not convinced he is the level Man City require though and the hype train will hopefully mean a price that is probably inflated.

Rather keep him though , would be disappointed if he went and we didn't spend good money on a proven(ish) replacement

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Agree, its going to happen so sooner the better

Why? Really, why?

We are now several weeks into the close season and a few weeks into the window. Has a Manchester City or Brighton employee stated that this is a goer? As has been stated by a few posters (me included), Manchester City may well be interested in our POTS. A bloke with 4-years of a multi-million pound contract remaining. A player who has been integrated into PL football by a coach who plays the right way (Pep's opinion). A player who is part of an upwardly mobile club who finished 9th last season. A club with an owner who has a stated ambition to establish this club nearer the top 6 rather than the relegation places. City can, and may well, approach Brighton - but the only piece of real information about this social-media/crap-pundit-fuelled/ITK saga is that it will take an "eye-watering" offer for Brighton to let any player go now that Bissouma has become our BIG (£35m with just 12 months contract remaining) departure for this season following White's £50m departure last year. And when our club and our chairman use the term eye-watering, they know full well what they're doing and to whom they're communicating.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think the chances of him staying increases with every day where nothing happens... I don't think City will stick around until August 31, likely they will sign someone for the role before that.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Reminds me if the Kane to City saga last year and the ridiculous Messi one the year before. All clickbait and no substance.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sports mole reporting a deal worth between 25 and 30 million expected to be confirmed next week!! Got to be rubbish that's like we're giving him away!!

Sports mole regurgitating the same made-up nonsense that was going round four or five weeks ago!! One internet saddo loser totally makes some crap up and everyone copy and repeats it like they’re ITK!! Expect their next scoop to be Michael Owen seen exiting The Grand!!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Fairly certain he'll go, we know from the Athletic that City have already had talks with Cucurella's agent, and the word in the media via Romano is that City are reshuffling their squad first to free up a bit more cash.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sports mole regurgitating the same made-up nonsense that was going round four or five weeks ago!! One internet saddo loser totally makes some crap up and everyone copy and repeats it like they’re ITK!! Expect their next scoop to be Michael Owen seen exiting The Grand!!

:thumbsup:

The same old baseless Cucurella gossip being regurgitated online over and over.

Suckers falling for it everytime as new news :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And when our club and our chairman use the term eye-watering
Sorry I've not kept up to date with this saga - did our club release a statement saying it would take an eye-watering offer to let a player go?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Sorry I've not kept up to date with this saga - did our club release a statement saying it would take an eye-watering offer to let a player go?

No. The club has made no official comment. And I can’t have it both ways. I’ve taken Naylor’s words from his Athletic piece. However, given that most on here question Andy Naylor’s prose, others say he’s a willing mouthpiece of the club or that he has no sources - the eye-watering description is a very pertinent description. But, as I admit, I don’t know.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
No. The club has made no official comment. And I can’t have it both ways. I’ve taken Naylor’s words from his Athletic piece. However, given that most on here question Andy Naylor’s prose, others say he’s a willing mouthpiece of the club or that he has no sources - the eye-watering description is a very pertinent description. But, as I admit, I don’t know.

Someone on bluemoon has said they have made a bid plus player and its been rejected. Like they would know. Be intresting to see if the papers relay this info.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Someone on bluemoon has said they have made a bid plus player and its been rejected. Like they would know. Be intresting to see if the papers relay this info.
The bid would have been rejected if it doesn't meet the price. There won't be a negotiation. Pay the price, get the player.

I'd say this is reasonably credible - although it is probably just made up.

Yoda

English & European
Fairly certain he'll go, we know from the Athletic that City have already had talks with Cucurella's agent, and the word in the media via Romano is that City are reshuffling their squad first to free up a bit more cash.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I thought discussions weren't allowed between club and player (or anyone representing them) until an offer had been accepted, and if that is deemed the case any parties involved would have sanctions placed on them or be fined etc.

They wouldn't be so open about it so know that can happen. So, again, like so many other rumours surrounding Cucu, I'm calling bull on that too.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought discussions weren't allowed between club and player (or anyone representing them) until an offer had been accepted, and if that is deemed the case any parties involved would have sanctions placed on them or be fined etc.

They wouldn't be so open about it so know that can happen. So, again, like so many other rumours surrounding Cucu, I'm calling bull on that too.

It’s not allowed unless the club have given permission for the two parties to talk prior to any transfer fees being agreed. I’ve previously mentioned on this thread that Jadon Sancho first agreed terms with Man Utd about a year before the sides finally agreed the transfer fee. It probably happens way more than is reported so clubs know if the wage expectations of their target fit in with their structure before they submit any official bids. I’m not saying this is the case with Cucurella, and I very much doubt that it is, but it can and does happen regularly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

In theory - sure. But when we were scouting Alexis Mac or Caciedo and sending a number of staff down to South America we weren’t meeting with players agents at least to sound out a deal?

Especially a club like Brighton could waste a lot of time negotiating with a club , only to find out the player has no interest in coming here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here