[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I’ve never been. The large resort hotels often look alluring, at a decent price.

Did you ever get back to Prague, since the pandemic started?

Not yet but going to Krakow in early September. Lost money during pandemic as company went bust. After 6 months you cannot claim back on a credit card. So I would like to try again getting to Split for a break.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We've been few this a lot. The current Albion regime effectively manage the local press including Andy Naylor. It really is quite simple, I'm not sure how you can't see it by now unless you don't actually read- he and the Argus get quite a lot of exclusive access in return for largely towing the party line. The BHA Athletic feed is 80% lip service to the club.

How many big Albion stories are broken in the Argus or Athletic these days? Virtually none. They are given minor things like contract detail instead. It tends to be foreign press that leak transfer details first.

It's not that Naylor and co are in the know, it's that they are in the know when the club want them to be. And they would rarely report anything that might be incorrect for risk of a) getting in trouble with the club or b) lose any credibility with the fanbase for accuracy.

Presumably Fabrizio has a similar relationship with the agents feeding him.

I think the last major blunder Naylor made was reporting that Zamora wasn't coming back - the story at the time was that the board had originally dismissed the idea and then Darren Bloom and persuaded them otherwise much later in the transfer window when he was still available. Quite some time ago now!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I'm glad I no longer have to invent - sorry, report - transfer stories as part of the way I earn a living. These days clubs are far more professional about keeping secrets than they used to be, while agents are even more desperate to plant stories suggesting that certain players are heading to various clubs, in order to get improved contracts for their players from their existing employers or to to create interest among potential buyers.

Why anyone thinks that clubs would reveal their transfer intentions to interns and work experience kids sitting on online desks is beyond me. As far as I can tell, there isn't a shred of hard evidence (or any other kind, for that matter) that City are interested in Cucurella at all. It's fairly logical that they would be, but that's about all anyone can say.

As for our local guys, Brian Owen seems to have decent contacts in South America, and both of them have an invaluable skill that many journalists seem to lack these days - the ability to use a telephone to check stories out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm glad I no longer have to invent - sorry, report - transfer stories as part of the way I earn a living. These days clubs are far more professional about keeping secrets than they used to be, while agents are even more desperate to plant stories suggesting that certain players are heading to various clubs, in order to get improved contracts for their players from their existing employers or to to create interest among potential buyers.

Why anyone thinks that clubs would reveal their transfer intentions to interns and work experience kids sitting on online desks is beyond me. As far as I can tell, there isn't a shred of hard evidence (or any other kind, for that matter) that City are interested in Cucurella at all. It's fairly logical that they would be, but that's about all anyone can say.

As for our local guys, Brian Owen seems to have decent contacts in South America, and both of them have an invaluable skill that many journalists seem to lack these days - the ability to use a telephone to check stories out.

Is there really any need to spoil a dormitory of tepid enuresis with your so-called facts? ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh. Fair enough. I didn’t know that

Yeah capitals FACT means you can guarantee one thing about the fact in question that is the fact isn't in fact a fact.

I hope that clears it up for you.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Compare our club PR and local reporters to Leeds. They seem to have leaks everywhere with a demanding fan base desperate for news on transfers.
I’d much prefer our below the radar approach.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Some people are preparing for Aliens to arrive. More chance of them being right than Shitty getting Cucu for £25m. Delusional doesn't even come close to describing their mental state.

Exactly - what's to prepare? Loads of money plus either Delap or McAtee or both. End of. And forget any nonsense about a buyback - we lost any interest in Livramento when Chelsea insisted on a buyback clause.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Exactly - what's to prepare? Loads of money plus either Delap or McAtee or both. End of. And forget any nonsense about a buyback - we lost any interest in Livramento when Chelsea insisted on a buyback clause.

Trying to prepare a bid that we will accept that involves us being fobbed off with one or two over-valued makeweights on a loan or a buy back basis?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Do cash-plus-player deals ever actually happen in the modern game? I can’t think of any examples, albeit that I don’t pay a huge amount of attention to the details of non-BHA deals.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do cash-plus-player deals ever actually happen in the modern game? I can’t think of any examples, albeit that I don’t pay a huge amount of attention to the details of non-BHA deals.

No. Make-weights in the deal are almost invariably over-valued - basically a face saving tactic for both sides of the negotiation

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Do we need need any of those players onloan or even to buy?)

We don't do inward loans at all, so that wouldn't happen. McAtee and Delap are major talents that I don't imagine City would want to include in any offer, but we should ask anyway, just to show that we'll only let Cucurella go if the deal is ridiculously good. Then it's down to how much they want him - if in fact they do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports