[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

scooter1

How soon is now?
Despite being a bit of a target on here, I suspect Naylor has quite a lot of inside info but he has to tow the club line otherwise they will stop feeding him, I suspect it’s the same for Argus fella. If they started dropping ‘exclusives’ before the club gave them the nod, I doubt they’d even get into the next game
Romano doesn’t appear to be closely aligned to any clubs, so he can say what he likes about who he likes

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Despite being a bit of a target on here, I suspect Naylor has quite a lot of inside info but he has to tow the club line otherwise they will stop feeding him, I suspect it’s the same for Argus fella. If they started dropping ‘exclusives’ before the club gave them the nod, I doubt they’d even get into the next game
Romano doesn’t appear to be closely aligned to any clubs, so he can say what he likes about who he likes

Why is the club feeding him insider information if he isn't allowed to reveal it? What is the point?

I've said it before... this guy got the easiest job on the planet. Say nothing and all his followers make excuses for him - "oh, he isn't allowed to say anything about anyone... but the club sure keep him updated about all their internal dealings!". And the few times he actually does know & reveal something, like a youth player extending his contract or the duration of some injury, everyone crawls up to lick his feet.

IMO his behaviour fits someone who would love to have a lot of insider information - like his job depends on it, but who actually doesn't have any (or very little) information about what is really going on.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Why is the club feeding him insider information if he isn't allowed to reveal it? What is the point?

I've said it before... this guy got the easiest job on the planet. Say nothing and all his followers make excuses for him - "oh, he isn't allowed to say anything about anyone... but the club sure keep him updated about all their internal dealings!". And the few times he actually does know & reveal something, like a youth player extending his contract or the duration of some injury, everyone crawls up to lick his feet.

IMO his behaviour fits someone who would love to have a lot of insider information - like his job depends on it, but who actually doesn't have any (or very little) information about what is really going on.
We've been few this a lot. The current Albion regime effectively manage the local press including Andy Naylor. It really is quite simple, I'm not sure how you can't see it by now unless you don't actually read- he and the Argus get quite a lot of exclusive access in return for largely towing the party line. The BHA Athletic feed is 80% lip service to the club.

How many big Albion stories are broken in the Argus or Athletic these days? Virtually none. They are given minor things like contract detail instead. It tends to be foreign press that leak transfer details first.

It's not that Naylor and co are in the know, it's that they are in the know when the club want them to be. And they would rarely report anything that might be incorrect for risk of a) getting in trouble with the club or b) lose any credibility with the fanbase for accuracy.

Presumably Fabrizio has a similar relationship with the agents feeding him.

I think the last major blunder Naylor made was reporting that Zamora wasn't coming back - the story at the time was that the board had originally dismissed the idea and then Darren Bloom and persuaded them otherwise much later in the transfer window when he was still available. Quite some time ago now!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
A colleague has just flown to Turkey, for a two weeker.

Fantastic weather? Here it’s sunny, but that bloody cool wind continues!

Weather is hot as always fella 96f. Been coming since 2001. Tremendous value and good food. Much needed break after the pandemic problems with travelling.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has he left yet?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Or the slightest genuine interest in complying with EPL Financial Sustainability or UEFA FFP laws.

Even if that was the case, they don’t have to sell before they can buy, just as long as it’s by the end of the season.Anyway, I’m fairly sure an extra 10m on their annual contract amortisation cost isn’t going to make a significant difference to them either given what they seem to have got away with over the last few years.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If, and that’s a big if, we sell Cucarella to City in the next few weeks it won’t be for less than £60M. FACT.

Why “FACT”. Another one of my bug bears (instead of “in my opinion”).

You’re probably right though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports