[Football] Manure v Scummy Boro

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry but that is rubbish. Wilder is on the touch line. He is meant to be a premier league striker and he let defenders and other young players take one before him. No knife in the back. He bottled it!

You carry on being bitter.
Most of us want our player to come good. He’s still only young.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
When you are in sudden death there is no order. Those whose step up take the next one. If AC wanted to endear himself to the Boro fans he would have taken one of the penalties and smashed it in. I fear that he will not have helped his cause by bottling it. He is a Premie League centre forward and should have grabbed the opportunity!

there is an order, wilder would have the order in which players were to take the penalties, it may well not have been ACs decision as to when he would take one. There was no delay at all in players coming up to take the next penalty, which there would have been if an order wasnt in place.

As soon as the first five kickers were decided on, they would have been deciding the order for sudden death. There was no time difference between any of the penalties, so they certainly werent deciding who was next after each one went in

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’m using an IPad with autocorrect right now, which didn’t try to change it.

Maybe as you've typed it the proper way enough times so your device has learnt it? My Android phone definitely used to change it to Houghton when I first got it. But yes find it odd so many could spell a name incorrectly that must see in writing so often.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Umm, because there is a break after ET where the managers decide who takes when

You stick to your so obvious anti-Connolly agenda. I’m out - I really struggle to understand the mentality of fans who want our players to fail, or jump on every opportunity to criticise.

I guess the truth mists your blue and white tinted specs! No agenda just pointing out what happened!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As for the result that was hilarious. Full strength Man U and they lost to Middlesbrough. HAHAHAHAHAHA

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Fans negativity does have an effect on a players performance; confidence can be drained out of them by continuously being labelled as 'shit' or 'not even a footballer'. It's even worse when they move to a new club and instead of having a new start they're followed by 'fans' negativity from ther previous club telling fans of the new club that they are shit.
Yes, of course he needs to win them over. But why do some knobs have to make it harder?

he should acquire a fork lift licence then

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As for the result that was hilarious. Full strength Man U and they lost to Middlesbrough. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Feels like a proper Cup upset that.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Fair play to Middleborough,not what the T V companies or sponsors would have wanted but they won (not quite) fair and square. Why do I already worry racist abuse for the poor kid who missed the decisive penalty. He looked absolutely distraught, keep your head up young man.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Not bitter at all. I hope he does come good but when you hide away from a penalty shoot out as a centre forward you have a long road ahead of you. Let’s hope he can find some form and sort his attitude out!

What a bellend comment based on..... no inside knowledge whatsoever! You haven't a clue whether he hid away, none of us do, you are just projecting your agenda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports