Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I just hope that today gives the team more believe rather than deflating them. Palace will be on a real high on Tuesday night with their lucky 92nd minute winner today. Apparently Shawcross missed a sitter at the other end and Palace scored from the counter attack after a rebound off the post that fell to their player a few seconds later.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Concerned a bit at how tired both Propper and Gross looked in the 2nd half. Hope they are fully recovered by Tuesday. Perhaps some freshening up will be needed, that game has taken a lot out of the players.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This makes me worried for Tuesday. Tired players after putting in a shift could lead to a disrupted line up as Hughton 'rings the changes'. To us fans, palace is the bigger game, but to Chris and the players probably not, so there's the come down factor. Palace coming to us on the back of a win after several strong performances. Perhaps getting carried away with a decent performance against a post-europe-mid-week man utd... Obviously, I hope I'm wrong, but not feeling hopeful for the palace game.

There's no reason they'll be more tired than us, we both played 90 minutes today

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I'll Grant you that there was one poor decision but apparently it was a corner.

Never a corner on the stream I watched. They slowed it right up I saw nothing and neither did they although they didn't dwell on it so If it was then so be it. Still not sure it should of stood reference the Lukaku incident but these things happen especially away at Old Trafford.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
This makes me worried for Tuesday. Tired players after putting in a shift could lead to a disrupted line up as Hughton 'rings the changes'. To us fans, palace is the bigger game, but to Chris and the players probably not, so there's the come down factor. Palace coming to us on the back of a win after several strong performances. Perhaps getting carried away with a decent performance against a post-europe-mid-week man utd... Obviously, I hope I'm wrong, but not feeling hopeful for the palace game.
We were strong and deserved more. Palace might be knackered too, no? Here's to another strong performance on Tuesday. Am sat in a pub less than a mile from Old Trafford with my scarf on. Couple of United fans were well impressed by us.

I watched it live and the corner was debatable. Not 100% it didn't touch March before going out. But the goal should have been disallowed because of the foul by Lukaku on Bong.

Very proud of our performance today. It shows how far we have come to be annoyed not to get at least a point against Man United.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
The corner they scored from? No, clearly not a corner, Lukaku kicked it straight out.

In the stand over on that side of pitch and looked to me it was never a corner and Lino bowed to the crowd calling for it.
Lost to a deflected own goal from a corner that should never have been given.
So proud of the team...fvcking awesome performance and did not deserve anything other than a point!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Speaking after the match Jose Mourinho said: "I want to be honest and give them what they deserve, for me probably they deserve more than the result they got. They played really well, they had a good defensive organisation and then when they had the ball they were dangerous. Honestly I think Brighton was very, very good.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There's no reason they'll be more tired than us, we both played 90 minutes today

Huh? I didn't say they would be more tired than us. If I would say either team was tired, I would guess playing at old trafford the way we did would take more energy than playing at home to stoke the way palace did, but it's not about our tiredness v theirs.

My comment about tired players was that playing like we did today would take a lot of effort and might make Hughton think he should change the starting line up on Tuesday. We made out first change to a starting line up for five games, and lost our first game in that run. We seem to be disrupted by changing line ups (After winning promotion last season v wigan, Hughton didn't name the same side two games in a row and we didn't win another game, which cost us the title), so another changed line up on Tuesday night would make me worry.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Speaking after the match Jose Mourinho said: "I want to be honest and give them what they deserve, for me probably they deserve more than the result they got. They played really well, they had a good defensive organisation and then when they had the ball they were dangerous. Honestly I think Brighton was very, very good.

The patronising *******. :facepalm:

Or, undeniable facts are sometimes undeniable.

Bring on the Alice.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Huh? I didn't say they would be more tired than us. If I would say either team was tired, I would guess playing at old trafford the way we did would take more energy than playing at home to stoke the way palace did, but it's not about our tiredness v theirs.

My comment about tired players was that playing like we did today would take a lot of effort and might make Hughton think he should change the starting line up on Tuesday. We made out first change to a starting line up for five games, and lost our first game in that run. We seem to be disrupted by changing line ups (After winning promotion last season v wigan, Hughton didn't name the same side two games in a row and we didn't win another game, which cost us the title), so another changed line up on Tuesday night would make me worry.

I would suggest the first defeat in 5 is more to do with playing Man Utd than changing one player in the starting line up. But the players did look like they were running on empty towards the end and hopefully they can get themselves up for Tuesday which is not far off a must win for us ( if that's not too dramatic this early in the season).

But so so proud of them all today.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Clattenburg on NBCSN said a/ never a corner and b/ free kick for foul on Bong and a yellow for Lukaku for kicking out.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway

I agree with Jose. I don´t think Man U were playing badly (as many lazy pundits presume when they´re not thrashing an opponent), I think they were being matched.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I just hope that today gives the team more believe rather than deflating them. Palace will be on a real high on Tuesday night with their lucky 92nd minute winner today. Apparently Shawcross missed a sitter at the other end and Palace scored from the counter attack after a rebound off the post that fell to their player a few seconds later.

They have gone away to the biggest stadium to one of the biggest clubs, heldtheir own, lost to a fluke goal, been rated by pundits as the better side and Mourinho said we deserved some thing from the game.

How would that deflate them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We were fantastic. Looking forward to City game so I meet some fans from Manchester.

Queued for the train with plastics from Surrey. Yep Surrey.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They have gone away to the biggest stadium to one of the biggest clubs, heldtheir own, lost to a fluke goal, been rated by pundits as the better side and Mourinho said we deserved some thing from the game.

How would that deflate them.

Losing can be deflating, especially when you don’t deserve it but I take your point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here