Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
corner2.gif

That’s a corner

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
Europe to Brighton is easy and September is in the football season.

Not a long shot at all.

:)

Well I'll be in Greece, and it's for my mother's wedding, so between the distance, the commitments to what I'm there for, and seeing family and friends I won't have seen for half a decade, my time will be pretty tight! Couple that with the fact I have most of my work as a soccer coach during that time, I might have to rush home! I'm hoping I end up maybe transferring through London and taking a couple nights, if possible.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
They showed another angle where it looked a lot clearer that March never touched it, not that it looks like he did on the above GIF.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Are they plastics if they go to old Trafford every week to support their team? If so, then I know a lot of brighton fans living up north who travel to brighton to see their team...@el president...seemly according to Clapham gull, you are a plastic...

If it is tongue in cheek then I apologise, if it is not then it is pathetic.
Do me a favour.

I lived up here for three years. I know the difference between someone who has moved down South (or North) and someone from Surrey who uses the excuse of "I've always supported them" and bagged a ticket "because it's only Brighton".

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do me a favour.

I lived up here for three years. I know the difference between someone who has moved down South (or North) and someone from Surrey who uses the excuse of "I've always supported them" and bagged a ticket "because it's only Brighton".

Seriously??? I know at least 5 people who live in the area and have always supported manu and go and watch them every week....three of them were born in brighton. WTF does it matter where you live to who you support. It's all this bollox about you must support the team where you were born. It's horseshit. You support who the hell you want and good luck to them.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Seriously??? I know at least 5 people who live in the area and have always supported manu and go and watch them every week....three of them were born in brighton. WTF does it matter where you live to who you support. It's all this bollox about you must support the team where you were born. It's horseshit. You support who the hell you want and good luck to them.

Well, some might say that the clue is in the fact that most football clubs' names include a city, town or area. Which sort of suggests that geography matters, unless you're Arsenal.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh dear....

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Oh dear indeed... I was born in Huddersfield and have supported brighton for 43 years!

You’re obviously a very unique case and are trying a wind up because of it. If someone was born in Brighton and decided to support hudds then there would be no problem from me. However, the amount of people who grew up in Huddersfield who support brighton and conversely the amount of people who grew up in Sussex who support Huddersfield probably wouldn’t exceed double digits.

You’ll find there are thousands and thousands resident in both places who support one of the top six clubs. That is being a plastic fan, even if they spend obscene money actually attending home games, by wanting to be associated with success, more than just simple geography.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh dear indeed... I was born in Huddersfield and have supported brighton for 43 years!
Well I understand now your sensitivity to the issue as you expose your "true" colours and desire for acceptance.

But I was obviously talking about glory hunting fans, the same ones who seemingly universally supported Liverpool when I was at school in the 70s in Sussex.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No it's not as that's where you get the passion from and being proud of your roots.
If you support a northern club you have zero relevance too then it's because you supported them from school because they was big and trendy or it's better for your image etc.
I find southerners who support northern clubs the worst of the bunch and I bet the northerners actually cringe at these idiots:)

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know someone who got taken to see Utd by their dad in London when Best, Law and Charlton were playing and fell in love with them there and then. Nigh on 50 years on they still feel the same about them and have held a season ticket for as long as I can remember.
I grant you it’s easier to do that when your team is successful.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As regards the actual game I would like to have seen Kayal come on for Gross and Propper pushed forward into the role he plays for Netherlands as we didnt look like we were ever going to score an equaliser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here