Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd & Moyes getting BOOED

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Absolutely. The question people should ask themselves is who would be interested in United's players if they chose to sell them. Apart from the obvious two upfront and De Gea, who I think is very good, I don't really see anyone else who would interest the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Bayern Munich, Barcelona etc. Valencia? Cleverley? Evans? Lindegaard? Anderson? Carrick? Ferdinand? Fletcher? Young? These guys should be playing for Newcastle or Villa.

Yes. And they are the 'Great Man's' players. Go figure.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Tis jolly good to witness their demise, even if it's only temporary. Moyes will have to turn things around with a league cup trophy or a European final, or could find himself on the verge of a speedier than thought of farewell. Transition, transition, transition. Well, even in a time of imperfection you get your players to play at the top of their game, and that is not happening. It's great. :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You're right, when you saw the Man United team today you would fancy us to beat them let alone Swansea. Without Rooney and RVP they are relegation material

And Rooney is bound to throw his toys out of the pram shortly. He always does when the going gets tough.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why would he come back? .

To fix some of the shit that he created? Exactly like Dalgleish before him, he left behind a poisoned chalice, and the shape of a woefully inadequate squad. His failure to fix the glaring holes in the United midfield are the cause of their current woes. Losing Paul Pogba, because he denied him opportunities, by playing Giggs and Scholes into their dotage, was the biggest cock up of all.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Hang about, SAF's reputation is taking a bit of a knock isn't it? He was the overriding reason why his chum Moyes is sitting there in the first place. Moyes has been getting away with it playing unattractive football at Everton for years and now there's no hiding place.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but do you think Man U would be in this predicament if they'd taken on Martínez instead of Moyes? I don't think so....

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Am I the only one who's ecstatically enjoying United play so bad?

No I love to see the Sons of Satan lose, plummet and suffer. May they be in terminal decline. There are many many who feel likewise.
Especially great to see them dumped out of a cup that they were instrumental in attempting to devalue back in the early 2000s.

TNBA

TTF

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Absolutely. The question people should ask themselves is who would be interested in United's players if they chose to sell them. Apart from the obvious two upfront and De Gea, who I think is very good, I don't really see anyone else who would interest the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Bayern Munich, Barcelona etc. Valencia? Cleverley? Evans? Lindegaard? Anderson? Carrick? Ferdinand? Fletcher? Young? These guys should be playing for Newcastle or Villa.

As i said in an earlier thread, there is only Rooney, and DeGea that would get in any top four team, on present form. I really think tis could be the start of the end of Utds domination, they will possibly not get top four finish, which means no Champions league, which means the top, top players wont go there in the summer. Moyes is then reduced to signing second rate players, which is a vicious circle, cos then they struggle next season to qualify again. There past success was largely built on Alex Fergusons reputation, their fantastic crop of young academy players, ie Giggs, Scholes,the Nevilles etc, on whom the backbone of the club was built, and some good, but very expensive signings. Sir Alex has retired, they will not bring through another crop of players like the early nineties ones, and they have so much debt that they cant afford to throw money at the problem anymore.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
To fix some of the shit that he created? Exactly like Dalgleish before him, he left behind a poisoned chalice, and the shape of a woefully inadequate squad.

Difference being that Dalglish left Liverpool aged 40 and returned aged 59. Ferguson is 72 and I think he was only too aware that a rebuilding job was needed, but that he was not at the stage of life to be having the energy to do that.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Moyes job at Everton was to finish mid table and not spend a lot of money, how that qualified him to go to Old Trafford go only knows ?

I know, and to think Martinez is doing really well with the exact same resources only just shows how odd this appointment is. Moyes is far from a tactical genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here