Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
According to this, which is part of a thread [MENTION=522]Kinky Gerbils[/MENTION] shared earlier, the people who have been hospitalised after both doses have underlying health conditions. Also another tweet in the thread says less people being hospitalised are needing critical care due to the age of those in hospital being younger.

[tweet]1397451922802626562[/tweet]

Had someone on LBC saying the protection this vaccine gives is by far the best for an illness like this.

People will sadly still get ill and die after 2 vaccines, as with other vaccines

Yoda

English & European
A closer look at the figures in the Bolton are suggest that cases are highest in school children where the ages of 5-19 are at a rate of roughly 1 in 100 whereas adults between 20-49 are at roughly 1 in 200 and 50+ it is over 1 in 500.

1st vaccination rates in Bolton really slowed from the beginning of April when we were still vaccinating the over 50's and we know there was as high a percentage in this age group taking up the vaccine.

This shows a strong correlation between the unvaccinated and infections. Even by the time it look like cases were starting to rise (around 23rd April) only those vaccinated prior to the first and including the 1st week of April would've had some protection, so not difficult to see why cases rose so quick and the way it is spread across the age groups.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
A closer look at the figures in the Bolton are suggest that cases are highest in school children where the ages of 5-19 are at a rate of roughly 1 in 100 whereas adults between 20-49 are at roughly 1 in 200 and 50+ it is over 1 in 500.

1st vaccination rates in Bolton really slowed from the beginning of April when we were still vaccinating the over 50's and we know there was as high a percentage in this age group taking up the vaccine.

This shows a strong correlation between the unvaccinated and infections. Even by the time it look like cases were starting to rise (around 23rd April) only those vaccinated prior to the first and including the 1st week of April would've had some protection, so not difficult to see why cases rose so quick and the way it is spread across the age groups.
And let's look even closer at some figures. The last figure is particularly one to take note of.

1. This virus has been running round Bolton for 5 weeks now.
2. It is considered to be between 0% and 50% more transmissible than the Kent variant.
3. It disproportionately affects areas where vaccination rates are low.
4. The population of Bolton is 244,000.
5. As a result of this wildly contagious virus spreading unchecked in the worst affected town in the country, there are 41 people in hospital.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Can't believe she thinks staying locked down isn't demoralising. There is very little left to open up. I was at an event with 2000 participants last weekend and the same again this weekend. Felt safe at all times in spite of mixing with people from across the country. I think continuing restrictions for any more than is necessary will demoralise the nation far more. Right now with it looking like the majority of over 18s will have had first jab by the 21st June I can see scope for maybe an additional couple of weeks but no longer than that and certainly not 2 to 3 months

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what i dont understand is why we cant wait two weeks for the data to come in to then determine if the 21st plans are ok or not. rather than agonising for weeks over whether a decision that hasnt yet been made is right or wrong.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
what i dont understand is why we cant wait two weeks for the data to come in to then determine if the 21st plans are ok or not. rather than agonising for weeks over whether a decision that hasnt yet been made is right or wrong.

Great point. The plan was always to decide on the 14th June to give businesses their 7 days. It's ridiculous that government/scientists are giving contradictory hints at the decision day after day. A decision that is or should be nowhere near being made

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I don't want it and I don't feel I need it, would prefer my immune system to do the work naturally, similar to the flu jab.

Sorry but that is just being selfish. Vaccines aren't 100% effective and although you might have none or very mild symptoms you could still pass it onto someone else.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
75% of cases in the UK now Indian variant, this was avoidable or at very least something we could have kept at bay until full vaccination was at higher levels

Stupid risks taken for vindication of a stupid project, we will be pay in some shape or form

Was opening the schools a stupid risk?

Because that’s what she claimed

24 million are now fully vaccinated, including those at most risk.

Those that have refused it, so what.

The lockdown was supposed to be about stopping the NHS getting overwhelmed, not stopping people getting ill.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ed Conway
@EdConwaySky
Important context:
When PM announced lockdown easing, Imperial produced these projections for hospitalisations for SPI-M.
We’re running below even the best-case scenario.
Clearly things could change - and quickly.
Cases are rising. The variant is spreading.
But context matters.

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
I was wondering how many people have had the Moderna Vaccine at the Brighton Centre?
I had it the first day they got stock. Is it going to be an issue getting the 2nd jab? I have already changed my 2nd appointment from a village in Kent to the Brighton Centre to increase the likelihood of another Moderna vaccine being available. However I have just had a text telling me to rebook (hopefully they have their wires crossed) but when you do call 119 they can't tell you what will be available at a particular location. Anybody else have this text message?

I had the Moderna at the Brighton Centre on Wednesday and wasn't able to book my second there for mid August (I assumed it was because live shows were coming back), I am having to go all the way to Pompey for the second one :sick: Other than that it was all London locations, it may end up being the closest place that does the second Moderna dose.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Partner had moderna at the centre and is currently still scheduled for 13th July. They do have performances scheduled in August. Kids are very excited about Paw Patrol live in fact. I've been desperately trying to hold back their expectations because I'm still not convinced it'll be decommissioned as a vaccine centre by then

Yoda

English & European
I had the Moderna at the Brighton Centre on Wednesday and wasn't able to book my second there for mid August (I assumed it was because live shows were coming back), I am having to go all the way to Pompey for the second one :sick: Other than that it was all London locations, it may end up being the closest place that does the second Moderna dose.

I can't wait until I can get in there in March 2022, for the Premier League of Darts :clap2:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I was wondering how many people have had the Moderna Vaccine at the Brighton Centre?
I had it the first day they got stock. Is it going to be an issue getting the 2nd jab? I have already changed my 2nd appointment from a village in Kent to the Brighton Centre to increase the likelihood of another Moderna vaccine being available. However I have just had a text telling me to rebook (hopefully they have their wires crossed) but when you do call 119 they can't tell you what will be available at a particular location. Anybody else have this text message?

I had Moderna on the 2nd day, I had a 2nd appointment booked elsewhere on 10th July but got a message to re-book yesterday as appointment was for AZ. Gave them a call and I've been re-booked for 9th July back at Brighton Centre. I'm assuming that is Moderna.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports