Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1239624352305303552[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This is just the start of many more viruses as more people become immune to antibiotics, sad times ahead for all.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

well thats something to look forward to.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My point was as people become more immune to antibiotics and more viruses mutate and crop up, its doesn't bode well for survival rates overall

Apologies for being condescending. Why would you know the difference between resistance and immunity, bacteria and viruses . . . . I know jack shit about you job. And sadly GPs have been dishing out antibiotics for viral infections since I was at school in the 60s and they bloody well should know. If they don't get it why should you? Sometmes it is easy to lose perspective.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
My point was as people become more immune to antibiotics and more viruses mutate and crop up, its doesn't bode well for survival rates overall

People don't become immune to Antibiotics it's the bacteria that infect us that do!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can we get this man as part of Boris's scientific advisers team.

I'd do it, but only if I'm allowed three free goes at kicking him, hard, in the bollocks. Fact.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Take note, people. The above is not political point scoring designed to fuel an insurrection and a Corbyn government.

It is derision for the total lack of any offer of help, or reassurance that, in a week, there will be help, for those who are apparently going to be banned from attempting to shop at their produce-lite supermarkets, the old, the alone, the frightened.

The *****.

Indeed.

This is not ‘party political’, it’s calling out an idiot who is clearly way out of his depth.

For what it’s worth, I’d crawl across broken glass to have Thatcher in charge, she’d be brilliant and decisive with clear messages rather than the fluffy ambiguous ‘advice’ we’re being given. And I ****ing hated her. I’d also be overjoyed if Cameron was wheeled out in a ‘war doctor’ move to replace the awful PM. I don’t trust a thing the compulsive liar utters.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Here, we can go to work, and food shops for essential supplies. Public transport restricted. From midnight tonight, you must wear some sort of mask when using it. Shops, malls, bars, restaurants, pretty much everything else locked down, police AND army patrolling to enforce quarantine. Arriving at work, we are having temperature taken.
Authorities taking it seriously here

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Apologies for being condescending. Why would you know the difference between resistance and immunity, bacteria and viruses . . . . I know jack shit about you job. And sadly GPs have been dishing out antibiotics for viral infections since I was at school in the 60s and they bloody well should know. If they don't get it why should you? Sometmes it is easy to lose perspective.
Sometimes it's easy to bury your head in the sand

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I like the logic of the Government's next steps - they know that right minded sensible people, of which there are many, will follow this advice. They also know that (hopefully) a minority will ignore it.. This continues the gradual changes to the curve they want and still leaves strict police/soldier controlled isolation to come at another stage.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Phone calls, skype but Dad would not have a scobby about that as most 85 plus would not I think

My thinking is going to visit but talking at a distance maybe outside the property so there is that face to face contact but with limited risk. I’ll also be doing the groceries and newspaper run, home deliveries will be stretched to the limit, more than they already are.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
observation:
we must close the schools, isolate the children.
over 70's being isolated is a terrible idea.

are we ready for full on isolation if it were mandated tomorrow?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
observation:
we must close the schools, isolate the children.
over 70's being isolated is a terrible idea.

are we ready for full on isolation if it were mandated tomorrow?

Ready if it's what it takes intrigued to know what would be expected of me once I'm rid of.this damn thing if I were to assume it was CV

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Am I mad in saying that I’d like to get it, get my isolation over with and then know that I can go see my folks without worry that I’m gonna infect them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here