Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackail-Smith to Leeds rumour picking up...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we sell CMS to another champo club hell bang the goals in next season and we will look like mugs.

Probably. But that's not a reason, to hold onto him. Its costing us about £1m a season in depreceation and wages. I'd say that if he isn't working out for us, then carrying on spending that, just to prevent him scoring for someone else, really would make us mugs.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Gus might just think he doesn't fit into our system and its best for CMS to go to somewhere where the style of play matches his. I did feel at times last season that he just isn't our kind of striker.

Makes me wonder what our system is then. I've been thinking he fits perfectly with our system and the problem was our midfield was pretty crap at executing "the system". His first touch is a bit average but running on to a through ball or even one over the top is his game and that's what I thought Gus had in mind. Getting a 6' something headtheball type isn't how I thought we were setting up

I'm with others here ... if he goes to Leeds can see him knocking in 20+

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd hate to see him scoring goals elsewhere. Gutted if true.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
If we sell CMS to another champo club hell bang the goals in next season and we will look like mugs.

Really? Will they stop him running around like a headless chicken, and beat quality defenders? If they can, good luck to them. I would rather see a proven goal scorer at this level or above.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He'll be GUTTED if he goes too, as he genuinely loves it here and just bought a property.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Knowing our luck, he would batter in 30 goals for Leeds next season as they romped to the title.

if he does fair play to him, he's not as bad as some make out or his record of last season.

Gus bought him and then left him isolated up front in a system totally unsuitable for him, 1 little guy against defenders on his own poor old CMS was feeding on scraps, the occasional loan partners he did have were crap, it would affect anybodies confidence.

put him in a system with players to feed off that suits him like at Peterborough and the taps will open again I'm sure

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Depends on who his replacement is?

True, but we'll have to go a long way to find someone with as good an attitude as CMS. I just get the feeling that he'd be great for us this season, and bringing in someone new in the hope he'll fit in immediately is a big gamble.

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Ummmm...I don't think ANYONE is suggesting he doesn't want to play for us anymore...

This CMS will want to stay and score goals for Brighton. Just like most of us want to see him do. Will be gutted to see him leave personally. proper footballer !

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If it's the right money, and we were working on the right replacement, then yes. Much as it'd be a wrench to see him go, he clearly loves the club and the fans, I just can't help but think that he's not the 20+ a season striker we need for the big push

He's a great guy, but as you rightly say we need a 20/25+ goalscorer. He may do it in a team that plays a different style, but Gus ain't going to change our style anytime soon. Gus/Tony are no mugs, once bitten, twice shy as they say. They can't afford to get any replacement wrong.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Gus Poyet is hoping to have a new player on board by Saturday. Meanwhile CMS is back in full training so could feature v Chelsea. #bhafc

Brian Owen.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Really? Will they stop him running around like a headless chicken, and beat quality defenders? If they can, good luck to them. I would rather see a proven goal scorer at this level or above.

Running around like a headless chicken because he's left on his own up front and the service he was getting was pretty dire for the most part. A goalscorer is only as good as the service he gets and I can't really fault him too much for a lean season

nutty71

Jan 30, 2012
Brian Owen has just tweeted : Gus is hoping to have a new player on board by Saturday and CMS is back in full training so could feature against Chelsea!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'll have to change my avatar :(

CMS12.jpg

It could be worse. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here