Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Yorkshire v Sussex at Leeds, Sep 22-25, 2015

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No, that is assuming Hampshire get bowled out for less that 200 in their first innings and still win. They could still get 5 batting points and get 24 pts from that match, in which case we'd need 6 more points to the 3 bowling ones we have - we'd therefore need to avoid defeat and bat well in the first innings to stay up.

If Hampshire don't get all their batting points but win, we can then afford to lose, but could still stay up. i.e. if we get 5 batting points putting us on 8 points, we could lose but it still puts us above Hants if they only got 23 points from their match.

Lets say they don't exceed 350 but win the game, they'd have 22 points, we'd need 7 points to stay up, therefore we'd need 350 (4 points), or the draw (5 points).

So, we could know today then.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And it begins

3/1 Joyce gone

Hants 2 down

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
As long as we match Hants we are ok.

If we get bowled out for under 200 and so do Hants, with both teams losing, we are safe.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And the commentary is now unavailable - we can't even listen to our inevitable demise

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Brooks, Sidebottom and Plunkers...doubt Rashid will even need to warm up. If they'd put that side out against Hants then our margin for error (bat-fliddery) would no doubt be wider than it now is.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Has anyone bothered to give Nash a bat to use? He's marooned on 1?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Would I be right in thinking that if Hants continue their poor start and are bowled out for under 250 then we're safe if we reach 250?

That would mean us on 5 points and them dropping 4 points, creating the 9 points needed for safety before the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here