Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Yorkshire v Sussex at Leeds, Sep 22-25, 2015

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
So Ideally we need them all out before lunch to get maximum bowling points then dig in with the bat and we should be safe. Is that correct?.

We have 32 overs to get two more wickets for our maximum three bowling points (three wickets for us to bat).

With rain due to disrupt the game we need to try and get maximum batting points - one for each of scores reached within first 110 overs of our first batting innings

Or at least match what Hampshire get, as I would be surprised if we get maximum, with their bowling attack and the fact we have gambled and played four seam bowlers so have weakened our batting line up.

Whatever we must get to within 150 runs of Yorkshire to avoid the follow and a painful attempt to bat out a draw.

If we get max bonus points and Hampshire drop a bonus point a draw would then keep us up, even a loss if they also loose, just really match or better what Hampshire manage. Come on Broad get a Pfeiffer.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With fine weather and a full day's play possible - I tink today will go a logn way to deciding our fate.

Fingers crossed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Hampshire get bowled out for under 200, are we then safe from relegation ?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Mags strikes. But talk of 300 being over par for the wicket is very worrying when you think about their seam attack...

Odds on that we rely on Hants not winning for us to stay up.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And another for the seamers.

This is going to be arsegripping - we are VERY unlikely to make a big score on this wicket.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yorkies all out

Now for a batting collapse of mega proportions

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With Yorks 251-9 we're in a decent position. Let's hope the sun is shining in Leeds and it's a good batting day.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If Hampshire get bowled out for under 200, are we then safe from relegation ?

Well no, because they could still win the match, get 19 points and end up on 160. We have 3 bowling points putting us on 160, but we've lost more games. In this scenario we'd still need another point, all based on Hampshire winning of course, which would be unlikely if they're out for under 200...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, as they can still win the game (16 points) and already have 3 bowling points.

EDIT
We now have 3 bowling points as well.

Well no, because they could still win the match, get 19 points and end up on 160. We have 3 bowling points putting us on 160, but we've lost more games. In this scenario we'd still need another point, all based on Hampshire winning of course, which would be unlikely if they're out for under 200...
Thanks. So basically now we need to get 1 more batting point than Hampshire assuming they win and we lose...?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Jordan opening with Joyce?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thanks. So basically now we need to get 1 more batting point than Hampshire assuming they win and we lose...?

No, that is assuming Hampshire get bowled out for less that 200 in their first innings and still win. They could still get 5 batting points and get 24 pts from that match, in which case we'd need 6 more points to the 3 bowling ones we have - we'd therefore need to avoid defeat and bat well in the first innings to stay up.

If Hampshire don't get all their batting points but win, we can then afford to lose, but could still stay up. i.e. if we get 5 batting points putting us on 8 points, we could lose but it still puts us above Hants if they only got 23 points from their match.

Lets say they don't exceed 350 but win the game, they'd have 22 points, we'd need 7 points to stay up, therefore we'd need 350 (4 points), or the draw (5 points).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here