Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Yorkshire v Sussex at Leeds, Sep 22-25, 2015

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Two or three years ? Let,s face the club never replaced like for like when the likes of Goodwin,Lewry,RMJ,Kirtley etc all retired ok Mushy was almost impossible to replace but why did we sign Jon Lewis last season ? McGoffin has carried the bowling attack almost on his own and maybe it,s time Sussex looked at the Hampshire model and give their 2nd team youngsters a go ?

The point I was making was specific to the batting. Had our bowlers stayed fit this year we would have been nowhere near relegation. I even think the talent is there with the batting, they just haven't got it done and for that the blame has to lie with Robbo.

I find it very hard to be angry about the situation when you consider where we were when Yardy made his first class debut though.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Are there better coaches than Robbo queuing up to take the job then??

Robbo is completely clueless. Opening with Jordan twice is the mark of a coach who doesn't have a scooby doo. Even a fan who watches our games could see that...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Two or three years ? Let,s face the club never replaced like for like when the likes of Goodwin,Lewry,RMJ,Kirtley etc all retired ok Mushy was almost impossible to replace but why did we sign Jon Lewis last season ? McGoffin has carried the bowling attack almost on his own and maybe it,s time Sussex looked at the Hampshire model and give their 2nd team youngsters a go ?

For me I don't think we can generalise about personnel per se - the fact is recruitment of bowlers has been good, recruitment of batsmen has been abysmal.

Even after the golden years of Lewry, Kirtley, CMJ, Mushy we've picked up decent bowlers - Yasir Arafat, Ajmal Shahzad, Ollie Robinson has looked good, Tymal Mills was a good acquisition, picking up Chris Jordan was a masterstroke etc. Yet batting-wise I still don't feel we've adequately replaced Richard Montgomerie - let alone Goodwin - and he retired 8 years ago! Even Grizzly at his age would have done better than Cachopa. Oh, it's too depressing for words...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
62929882.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Zaidi out to Adam Lyth's part-time bowling says it all really. What price the last wicket being a run out?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The idea of playing Jordan up the innings might have worked better if we had totally reversed the order, Brown,Yardy Zaidi batting earlier might have saved us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here