Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Yorkshire v Sussex at Leeds, Sep 22-25, 2015

Anyone else feeling depressed to see Sussex taking a wicket off the last ball of the day? This will merely encourage Yorkshire to declare overnight and make it MORE difficult for Sussex to bat out tomorrow for a draw.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Its just tense and the pressure on the players tomorrow will by huge. A season all in one day against the champions going for a points winning record.

Stand of fall

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Just treat it like a one dayer. We're not going to be able to block out 90 overs, would imagine Yorks will declare overnight. Yardy and Joyce opening please, early wickets will be disastrous for our confidence.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just treat it like a one dayer. We're not going to be able to block out 90 overs, would imagine Yorks will declare overnight. Yardy and Joyce opening please, early wickets will be disastrous for our confidence.

We will be 40/3 by 11:15. As usual.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Had we got them out tonight for under 300 I'd have been firmly in the "go for the win" camp.

It will be interesting to see who can adapt their game to the circumstances we find ourselves in. The bottom line is I don't think the middle order have the patience for the fight, so at least two of Nash, Joyce and Yardy will have to bat long. It's the latter pair that are the big wickets.

My tactics would be to block until tea, then see where we are. It promises to be a fascinating day because if we reached tea on, say, 140-3 then will Yorkshire go all-out aggressive field placings to try and force a win, or will the likes of Luke Wright exploit the gaps and give us the chance of an unlikely win?

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's in our own hands. If we're not good enough, then we've only ourselves to blame.

So, ****ing COME ON SUSSEX.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Weather is set fair...:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Lets go out with a win against the Champions!!! Come on Sussex!!!
Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 09.10.42.png

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Overnight rain, blue skies, fluffy clouds, brisk breeze and cold this morning in LS6

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm inclined to think that Yorkshire will bat on for a bit as a lead of 300 is a tad flimsy. Hopefully we will not be trying too hard to take that last wicket and restricting the runs which could knock 45 minutes off the time left we have to bat . Option 2 is for Yorkshire to declare overnight and put us straight back in on a pitch that might do a bit and as quoted earlier, we are 40-3 by 12.00 and looking down the barrel.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
When will we know if yorks are batting or if they have declared overnight, how much notice do they need to give?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
10 minutes before start, I think.

I rather hope they bat and have a bit of a thrash.

I rather hope they bat, but find it incredibly hard to get the ball off the square, scoring just 5 runs after an hour....

Or is that hoping for a bit too much!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here