Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Yorkshire v Sussex at Leeds, Sep 22-25, 2015

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm not sure I want us taking any wickets!!! Yorks now 244/7. Need to keep them in on a slow run rate till lunch tomorrow! :thumbsup:
Agree. I'd be bowling Zaidi and Yardy.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Depends on the target. My preference remains that Yorkshire bat through until at least 11.00am tomorrow and that the game ends in a draw.

I actually think our best hope is to win the game. Can't see us hanging tough for 80-90 overs so someone will need to get the lions share of the target and relatively quickly - or strike rate of 75-80. The draw is the least likely outcome at Leeds now.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Which would mean us batting out the day.
Starts at 10.30am. In an ideal scenario Yorks would bat for an hour in the morning to make our task that much easier.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Still 16 overs to be bowled today (light / weather permitting) plus all day tomorrow. Whatever way you dice it up we're fukked in evey hole :(

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I actually think our best hope is to win the game. Can't see us hanging tough for 80-90 overs so someone will need to get the lions share of the target and relatively quickly - or strike rate of 75-80. The draw is the least likely outcome at Leeds now.
I know what you mean, and it is hard to disagree, but I just don't see us cleaning up the tail - chasing 300+ seems so unlikely...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If Yorkshire bowled underarm we'd struggle to bat out the day. Only option is to go for the win for me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agree. I'd be bowling Zaidi and Yardy.

I disagree, we've got to keep bowling Jordan and the Goff until they drop. This side is incapable of blocking out 90 overs for 190 runs, it's win or bust.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Well, it looks like we might be heading for win or bust.

Realistically, Yorkshire will feel they already have enough so they are not going to fanny about.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The first t15 overs of Hampshire's reply will pretty much decide things there, I reckon.

Come out fighting, reach 60 for 0 or 1 and they'll cruise it. 40/3 and they'll crumble, to be A/O for less than 100.

Er, 68-0 off 15 overs. Looks like Crumble's off the menu.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Positivity is needed (apparently).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Worth noting that in addition to Notts mailing in their performance vs. Hants I see second-placed Middlesex have been crushed by bottom side Worcestershire inside three days.

If we go down we go down, but are some of these performances proof that we do play too much domestic cricket?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wicket with last ball. Well bowled Hatch.

Who will be Sussex's heroes tomorrow?

Assuming glorious victory at c. 4 runs an over, pick two from Joyce, Jordan, Machan, Nash, Wright, Yardy, Brown and Zaidi ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here