Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Luton forum (avenue of evil)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Anyone around in the early seventies will know that 'we hate Luton' was in vogue way before any involvement with Palace when they later inherited the 'hate' mantle. Wasn't it a Luton game where the 'bootboys' had to remove said boots and go in the North Stand in their socks?
Remove their shoelaces I think

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Guessing you were not around in the 80s, other than as a pre teen or thereabouts?
They were ordinary,.. we had a few scuffles in the Plume of Feathers pub near the station... nothing too dramatic, an easy day out for the fans, unlike Cardiff, Millwall and most of Yorkshire.

We are currently 1/3 with Sky Bet to win the home games vs Luton...I cant recall ever seeing odds that short in an EPL game? not even when we played Southampton at home

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone around in the early seventies will know that 'we hate Luton' was in vogue way before any involvement with Palace when they later inherited the 'hate' mantle. Wasn't it a Luton game where the 'bootboys' had to remove said boots and go in the North Stand in their socks?
Later on, in our first match in the old Division 1 against Arsenal, the police made people remove their boots. I remember a huge pile of them at the start of Goldstone Lane. I always wondered how people found their boots afterwards.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The tone of some of these posts worry me: "Luton: tin-pot, Noddy, non-league, one season only, etc". You just know how that how that first game is going to pan out:

Brighton: Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack ...... Shit.
Luton: Defend, defend, defend, defend, defend, defend, defend, defend, defend ...... Yay!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Later on, in our first match in the old Division 1 against Arsenal, the police made people remove their boots. I remember a huge pile of them at the start of Goldstone Lane. I always wondered how people found their boots afterwards.
When that happened in 71/72 I swapped my ankle DMs for a better pair.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
The tone of some of these posts worry me: "Luton: tin-pot, Noddy, non-league, one season only, etc". You just know how that how that first game is going to pan out:

Brighton: Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack ...... Shit.
Luton: Defend, defend, defend, defend, defend, defend, defend, defend, defend ...... Yay!
Definitely. Well beak all records for hitting the wood work before a last minute penalty. Also I though they were great in the play offs.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sad to see my Duck go from my post, but fair play mods. I knew it might be naughty, but also know that moderating isn't my responsibility so I can be lazy. Won't do it again :)

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
That was Arsenal home game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

94% possession, lose 1-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here