Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Luton forum (avenue of evil)

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I like Kenilworth rd , it’s a proper ground with a proper atmosphere created by proper fans. However small and shit it might be it’s better than most of the contrived old bollocks we usually see in the premier league ……. Yes I am thinking of the goons that are hired to wave big flags at Chelsea Arsenal Newcastle , Liverpool ect and as for the “supporters “ banners around the top tiers at Arsenal and Chelsea, that is the definition of tinpot.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I like Kenilworth rd , it’s a proper ground with a proper atmosphere created by proper fans. However small and shit it might be it’s better than most of the contrived old bollocks we usually see in the premier league ……. Yes I am thinking of the goons that are hired to wave big flags at Chelsea Arsenal Newcastle , Liverpool ect and as for the “supporters “ banners around the top tiers at Arsenal and Chelsea, that is the definition of tinpot.
Are you saying our stand and fall banner is tinpot?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Anyone around in the early seventies will know that 'we hate Luton' was in vogue way before any involvement with Palace when they later inherited the 'hate' mantle. Wasn't it a Luton game where the 'bootboys' had to remove said boots and go in the North Stand in their socks?
We had to remove our boots to get into a lot of ways games and definitely at Luton too

el punal

I like the Amex, it’s a proper ground with a proper atmosphere created by proper fans. However it’s not small and not shit and I enjoyed waving my flag to celebrate going into the Europa League at the Man City game. But hey, each to their own - you enjoy Kenilworth Road and I’ll stick with enjoying your version of tinpot. :drink:

el punal

Anyone around in the early seventies will know that 'we hate Luton' was in vogue way before any involvement with Palace when they later inherited the 'hate' mantle. Wasn't it a Luton game where the 'bootboys' had to remove said boots and go in the North Stand in their socks?

Earlier than that - around 1968/1969 our naughty fans burned down their supporters club hut (I believe that was the case?) and it kicked off from there. So the hate mantle was worn by Luton, then Bournemouth with those media darlings of MacDougall and Boyer, and Portsmouth off and on. Palace were late comers to the party.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Genuine football club and I would say simular fan base to ours in the withdean years just we have become Middle class now rather than working.
Blimey, so all those thousands of people turning-up at The Amex wearing head-to-toe inflammable sportswear, white trainers, and tattoos and gold jewellery to complete the look, are actually accountants and quantity surveyors... who knew?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I have a feeling it’s a game we are going to win by a big margin. It will probably take half a dozen games for Luton to get used to the intensity of the PL .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Blimey, so all those thousands of people turning-up at The Amex wearing head-to-toe inflammable sportswear, white trainers, and tattoos and gold jewellery to complete the look, are actually accountants and quantity surveyors... who knew?
Lol

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Earlier than that - around 1968/1969 our naughty fans burned down their supporters club hut (I believe that was the case?) and it kicked off from there. So the hate mantle was worn by Luton, then Bournemouth with those media darlings of MacDougall and Boyer, and Portsmouth off and on. Palace were late comers to the party.
All a bit before my time, but we've had a few of these spats down the years - Bournemouth, Orient etc. As for them, they obviously have Watford as rivals but they've had a long standing rivalry with QPR too. Luton and QPR hate each other.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I know lots of accountants, and they all dress exactly like that.

Quantity Surveyors tend to go for the leather and mustache look.

Each to their own.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I like the Amex, it’s a proper ground with a proper atmosphere created by proper fans. However it’s not small and not shit and I enjoyed waving my flag to celebrate going into the Europa League at the Man City game. But hey, each to their own - you enjoy Kenilworth Road and I’ll stick with enjoying your version of tinpot. :drink:
There’s nothing like deliberately misreading a post in order to come over all superior and sanctimonious.
Read it again only this time read it properly. Then tell me where I mention anything about the Amex. I thought it was perfectly obvious that I was comparing Luton to the contrived bollocks of the big six clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here