Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua on twitter.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
According to his tweets he was stopped by a policeman bton fan who let him off!! He must sign Shirley! :jester:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Chris Hughton expecting tough test at Deportivo

Aug 3 2010 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

CHRIS HUGHTON is expecting his toughest test yet against Deportivo La Coruna tonight at the Riazor Stadium.

The Toon boss will take on the top 10 La Liga outfit with temperatures still at 18 degrees tonight after arriving yesterday teatime in La Coruna on their private flight from Tyneside.

However, the journey was not so straight-forward for Newcastle fans, with around 50 fans making the loyal commitment and requiring several flight connections around Europe to make it in time for the 9pm kick-off, with some setting off as early as 5am yesterday morning from Newcastle Airport.

Hughton has left some of his fringe players behind ahead of the clash with Depor, with youngsters such as Nile Ranger, Kazenga LuaLua, Haris Vuckic and Ryan Donaldson all set to play against Luton tomorrow night for Peter Beardsley’s reserve side.

Hughton admits he is anticipating a step up in quality against the side from the busy port in North West Spain.

He told the Chronicle from La Coruna today: “The quality of the opposition showed on Saturday, and I expect it to be very similar.

“The fact that it’s at Deportivo makes it that little bit tougher.

“That’s what you want at this stage to get you ready for the start of the season.”

Hughton expects to name a strong side against Deportivo and is set to start with Joey Barton and Wayne Routledge.

He added: “Two of the young lads – Haris Vuckic and Kazenga LuaLua – haven’t travelled. Apart from that and the long-term injuries, everybody’s fit.

“Joey Barton and Wayne Routledge are OK, so we’ve taken 20 players.

“A rule limits the amount of substitutes we can make – that changes things a little bit.

“We’re also mindful of the Luton game, which will see a younger side, with Vuckic and Nile Ranger involved.”

However, despite fresh hopes of Brighton boss Gus Poyet taking LuaLua on a three-month loan, Hughton confirmed: “There’s been no progress. They’ve made an enquiry about taking him.

“At this stage we’re not in a position to let Kazenga go.”

ChronicleLive - Newcastle United - Newcastle United News - Chris Hughton expecting tough test at Deportivo

Doesn't sound too promising :(

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
For fucksake, Can we just end the chase for Lua Lua ?! Looks like we are going to have to splash out money for a decent winger.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
8ace, I think that just confirms everything we already knew, that they won't be making a decision until Mid-August, and Poyet isn't going to wait late long, probably.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
8ace, I think that just confirms everything we already knew, that they won't be making a decision until Mid-August, and Poyet isn't going to wait late long, probably.

If you read the article, it talks about a three month loan. I understood we wanted season long at least.

It is looking like we are wasting our time and need to look at other players.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This seems so simple to me and everything everyone on either side is saying confirms it: Newcastle don't want to let him go until they hear about players they are chasing. They aren't being difficult or obtuse, they just can't make a decision until other things happen. The time frame doesn't suit us - because things won't be clear until our season has started, but there you go. I can understand that Gus is frustrated, but you can see Newcastle's point of view.

As for the three months comment? Well, local papers get things wrong. That's a minor detail not the first sign of a major shift in anyone's position.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Time to move on...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Fortunately I think Gus shows more heart in his pursuit of players than people on here would. Remember Calderon?
If the situation with Lua-Lua is up in the air, then looking at other options is sensible. But be ready for if and when the situation does change in our favour. Maybe even if we have signed someone else. Remember Mark Wright? :lol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
I doubt we will get Lua Lua, he better not go to another team in our league though otherwise i'll be shitting it even if it's Yeovil.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Played tonight in the 4-1 friendly defeat at Kenilworth Road , Nile Ranger scored the goal for a Newcastle Xl who were mainly young fringe players. We now need to wait for Peter Beardsley to report back on how they played before Hughton makes any final decisions.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Played tonight in the 4-1 friendly defeat at Kenilworth Road , Nile Ranger scored the goal for a Newcastle Xl who were mainly young fringe players. We now need to wait for Peter Beardsley to report back on how they played before Hughton makes any final decisions.

That's another three weeks then, just so the translater can try and work out what the f*** Beardsley said :facepalm:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
By Andy Naylor »

Albion will be reunited with Kazenga LuaLua – providing they wait a little longer.

The flying winger and his agent have been told by Newcastle chief Chris Hughton that he will be allowed back out on loan.

Hughton is, however, still assembling his squad for the Toon’s return to the Premier League and LuaLua will have to sit tight until then.

LuaLua enjoyed his loan spell so much at Withdean last season that he is desperate to come back, despite interest from Championship clubs Doncaster Rovers and Reading and two of the Seagulls’ League One rivals, Oldham and Bournemouth.

The move hinges on whether Albion boss Gus Poyet feels he can afford to be left dangling or needs to fill the left wing vacancy sooner.

Under new Premier League guidelines Hughton has to name his 25-man squad by September 1, the day after the window for permanent transfers closes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here