Lua Lua on twitter.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I disagree.

Just because he's slight he can outdo teams with movement and a good football brain. I like what I have seen of him so far.

Hasn't a team just won the world cup with a team of very slight midfielders?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Baz tried 2 overhead shots after he came on. he obviously has some flair.

He could play the LM position for the first few games while we wait for Lualua

JGaleBHA

On the Gus bus
Apr 24, 2010
Horsham
Baz tried 2 overhead shots after he came on. he obviously has some flair.

He could play the LM position for the first few games while we wait for Lualua

I agree. That's the best way for me, let Baz play until we know what is happening with Lua Lua, and if Lua Lua comes, Baz will be dropped to the bench.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I disagree.

Just because he's slight he can outdo teams with movement and a good football brain. I like what I have seen of him so far.

Hasn't a team just won the world cup with a team of very slight midfielders?

Not saying he won't be good or anything, I'm just not convinced yet as I haven't really seen him play much and while he did very well against Aberdeen - they weren't really much of a test.

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Bit puzzling.
One minute we have thread after thread begging Lua Lua to join, people joining his twitter to persuad him, and then others saying he is the missing link to complete a great team. After one good performance it now seems people arent so bothered. Im not doubting Smith, dont get me wrong, but he had one good game (cant comment on Huddersfield) against what was a very poor Aberdeen side.
I think we still need Lua Lua or Townsend, someone to compliment Bennett as we all know how effective he is. If Lua Lua is so difficult, start chasing Townsend Gus, heard many good things about him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Can't see why Newcastle are doing this? Unless they want to sale and are holding out for that? Doesn't make sense if they are definitely going to loan him out he clearly did well with us last season so why not again. Just suggests they want to sell to me.
If they're looking to sell we should be looking to buy, but if they are, why are the so worried about waiting? Why not make him available from day one?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
agree totally foolg. The point is that on current evidence we can afford to wait whilst it is also true that nothing in football is ever a surprise especially when it comes to a player who is unrated suddenly turning it on (works the other way too of course).

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
agree totally foolg. The point is that on current evidence we can afford to wait whilst it is also true that nothing in football is ever a surprise especially when it comes to a player who is unrated suddenly turning it on (works the other way too of course).

Its just a bit puzzling, especially given our tough start for people to be happy to put a 20 year old who is naturally a CM i believe in the side having made just one appearance for us. The first few games are important as all the others, and it appears some people have the midset that because we only have to wait 3/4 games we can wait, thats 9 points up for grabs (obviously Smith wont cost us 9 points single handedly but you get my jist).

Andros Townsend i cant see getting in the spurs side, look at who he's up against in Lennon, Kranjcar, Modric etc etc. If he was a future premiership star he would be playing or at least on the bench far more often like that Danny Rose was. A decent bid would get him IMO, and he like Lua Lua is very quick, but also chips in with a goal or two.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Personally I would be gutted if we didn't get him. Granted his end product was a bit hit and miss but he absolutely scared the shit out of teams with his pace and would require teams doubling up to combat him leaving someone free. With Bennett on the other wing we would have pace to spare on the wings. Who knows what is going on though does sound like Newcastle are pissing us (and him) about a bit

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It was suggested from the very beginning of this increasingly dull saga that he wouldn't join until after Newcastle's pre-season. Is that so hard for so many to understand? Gus knew it so not sure why he would be getting impatient either :shrug:

Maybe because it is fcuking up his preparations for OUR season... Newcastle need to make a decision; not too much to ask is it... FFS...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
other premiership clubs have already loaned players out so this is just Newcastle. Maybe they are waiting to sign someone and are keeping LuaLua available as a squad member just in case? Let's see how Smith and Baz get on. We may not want him by the time Newcastle decide

Have to agree with that last point... Newcastle are behaving like tw@ts IMHO... it is not as if Lua Lua is a prem player YET, is it!...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
sounds like he is trying to force their hands

we have Smith and Baz as cover fot the first 3 or 4 games. It's not a season-breaker

Except we simply cannot afford yet another poor start if we are serious about promotion...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree. That's the best way for me, let Baz play until we know what is happening with Lua Lua, and if Lua Lua comes, Baz will be dropped to the bench.

May I suggest Smith is ahead of Baz in the pecking order...

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Personally i would really like to see Lua Lua in an Albion shirt again this season but everyday it is looking less likely to happen. Its not hard to decide if he can come down here is it? He isn't going to get first team football at newcastle, so why can't they just let him come here and sign for us?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
other premiership clubs have already loaned players out so this is just Newcastle. Maybe they are waiting to sign someone and are keeping LuaLua available as a squad member just in case?

Just seen that Toon are waiting on Man U to agree a loan move for Tom Cleverley - news expected later this week.

Would seem to make sense that this would be the "domino" that moves LuaLua on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports