Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua on twitter.

JGaleBHA

On the Gus bus
Apr 24, 2010
Horsham
I just tweeted telling him to sign the contract.
He replied! :)

"Jackgale I won't know till about mid august"

It looks like we might have to wait a few weeks for an answer.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Why mid August I wonder?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I don't think Gus will wait that long. He hinted this morning that other targets will be pursued (including a purchase if neccessary) if Kazenga is not available for the Swindon game.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Anyone know when the loan window closes? Maybe Newcastle are holding out for a transfer, and will only go down the loan route if nobody offers to buy?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Getting bored of this now, I expect Gus is too.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can't see why Newcastle are doing this? Unless they want to sale and are holding out for that? Doesn't make sense if they are definitely going to loan him out he clearly did well with us last season so why not again. Just suggests they want to sell to me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was suggested from the very beginning of this increasingly dull saga that he wouldn't join until after Newcastle's pre-season. Is that so hard for so many to understand? Gus knew it so not sure why he would be getting impatient either :shrug:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
In the Argus?

Yeah. He came across as quite annoyed that he was expecting Kazenga to be here last week and that Newcastle were dragging their heels. He said that a permanent purchase of a winger would happen if the situation wasn't resolved this week. He also hinted at a loan winger, which he said may possibly leave the door open for Kazenga.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
other premiership clubs have already loaned players out so this is just Newcastle. Maybe they are waiting to sign someone and are keeping LuaLua available as a squad member just in case? Let's see how Smith and Baz get on. We may not want him by the time Newcastle decide

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Poyet said this morning in the Argus that he thought Hughton was allowing Lua Lua to come last week and that we are now looking to buy someone. He then said (obvious i guess) that if we do buy someone Lua Lua will not be coming, but if we only get someone else on loan he could still come.
So.. who could the other targets be, If he is looking to buy, i guess that rules out the other name put out on here (Andros Townsend), maybe we are looking at Monkhouse again?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Poyet said this morning in the Argus that he thought Hughton was allowing Lua Lua to come last week and that we are now looking to buy someone. He then said (obvious i guess) that if we do buy someone Lua Lua will not be coming, but if we only get someone else on loan he could still come.
So.. who could the other targets be, If he is looking to buy, i guess that rules out the other name put out on here (Andros Townsend), maybe we are looking at Monkhouse again?

sounds like he is trying to force their hands

we have Smith and Baz as cover fot the first 3 or 4 games. It's not a season-breaker

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Slightly off topic, how do teams like Man City get round this?

They have given squad numbers to 59 players

They can't get around it. They're going to have a number of players who aren't allowed to play in the Prem this season.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Smith looked really very good in the game against Aberdeen - his thumping shot which nearly snapped the post in half was incredible.

And both him and Bennett looked very comfortable swapping sides.

Not really worried about Lua Lua joining now to be perfectly honest. If he does it'll be a bonus.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I haven't made up my mind about Smith yet. Thought he looked a bit weak at times whilst also looking pretty comfortable at others. Aberdeen were hardly much of an opposition either so I can see him struggling against the stronger players of League 1

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I haven't made up my mind about Smith yet. Thought he looked a bit weak at times whilst also looking pretty comfortable at others. Aberdeen were hardly much of an opposition either so I can see him struggling against the stronger players of League 1

he played really well at Huddersfield until Kuipers got sent off. He was then subbed so Graeme :bowdown: Smith could make his debut....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here