Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua IS returning

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
So now just a striker and possibly cover for Painter

Cover for Painter , i reckon is Tarricio and El Abd.. were talking cover .
Tarricio may be 37, but he's as fit as f..k, and can still do the business ( as Painter said, having watched him), and Adam E A , we have seen can play left back.
No point in spending money on someone who will sit on the bench.
And also ,whatever we think, Gus rates El Abd very highly.

Its just the striker now.......... and gawd knows who its going to be.
I honestly cant see him coming from these shores, unless he's a youngster like Bridcutt.
And any youngster isnt going to be the '20 goals a season ' guy that we need.
With the finances that we have right now, i just dont see us getting anyone of the stature that we need. I hope im wrong

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I should imagine that Kishishev is that cover now that we have Bridcutt as well

Gus has said we need four new players, one of whom is a left sided defender, for the last couple of weeks so he obviously disagrees. El Abd is cover for all defensive positions but it does mean that one injury or suspension leaves us with no cover at all. Kishishev, based on the first couple of games, would be wasted at left back as he can make our midfield tick when on form.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Gus has said we need four new players, one of whom is a left sided defender, for the last couple of weeks so he obviously disagrees. El Abd is cover for all defensive positions but it does mean that one injury or suspension leaves us with no cover at all. Kishishev, based on the first couple of games, would be wasted at left back as he can make our midfield tick when on form.

I think Gus may have re evaluated ..... we are talking cover, not a new left back, and with the lack of money available for new players, i think he will look at El Abd, Kishishev and Tarricio as COVER .
IF something horrid happened to Painter, then yes, Gus would have to find someone else . Otherwise i think he has decent cover , for League 1.
We dont have a limitless pot !!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I thought it was a well accepted fact that Poyet was clueless and a wanker for pursuing Lua Lua when we had no chance of signing him. NEglecting other potential targets and what have you...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
GET IN THERE. One of the most exciting players we've had for a LONG LONG LONG time...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here