Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua IS returning

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Argus report -

Kazenga LuaLua is finally returning to Albion on loan, Newcastle have confirmed.

Toon chief Chris Hughton said: "He'll join Brighton (on loan) until Christmas."

Hughton's revelation clarifies a saga which has dragged on all summer.

LuaLua, a left winger with blistering pace, was a big hit during a loan spell with the Seagulls towards the end of last season.

The Argus reported on August 9 that LuaLua's return was "almost certain" before the close of the transfer window at 6pm tomorrow.

Reading, Doncaster, Oldham and Bournemouth were also interested in taking him, but Albion have always been his preferred option.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I didn't see him play at the back end of last season and when I spoke to a couple of people about him, they said yes he was fast and tricky, but there wasn't much end product re: crosses!? Any thoughts?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
OK Im missing something... isnt this great news?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
I think the term raw talent would fit him.
He's only 19 and last season showed signs of starting to put both elements of being a speedy winger with the necessary crossing ability together.
He's far from the finished article, but Newcastle see his potential enough to want to hang on to him for the future or expect a very hefty fee and sell-on clause.
With him on the wing with Smith as a backup, and Bennett on the opposite side, I feel confident we'll start turning tight wins into bigger thrashings.
Hopefully the loan period will then be extended at Christmas.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Yes there's been a zillion threads too many about will he wont he, but for crying out loud, Brighton have brought in another player and it's news, whether it was Lua Lua or not.
I certainly dont apologise for posting it when I saw the Argus story and admit I wasn't the first to spot the story elsewhere, but hey ho, I think it's a good signing.

:albion2:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
But the two links (Hughton & the Argus) are already on the other threads.

They cant be ... the Argus one only appeared 20 minutes ago on brightonfans

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I didn't see him play at the back end of last season and when I spoke to a couple of people about him, they said yes he was fast and tricky, but there wasn't much end product re: crosses!? Any thoughts?

The thoughts are.......just read all the hundreds of posts about him.
I think you MAY get all you need to know about him.
By the way.........have you been in hibernation for the last 3 months ???

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here