Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower league Pompey

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
With Pompey's history, you'd think you'd be very careful with investing in them. I think this may have an affect in the future of investment for sports, possibly for the better. I wouldn't want investors coming to BHAFC if we ran the risk of defaulting on payments...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How to make best use of scarce public funds - find a proven and secure investment..................

Andronikou asks for council funds to help Pompey - Pompey Past - The News

He (David Cameron) is the head of the government and HMRC is a branch of that government.

‘So if he tells them to withdraw their winding-up petition them presumably they have to do what they are told.

‘It would give Pompey more time and it would be the right thing to do, because we are not in this situation because of anything the club has done.
‘This is down to its parent company and is different than last time.’

strictly true of course as the club didn't do anything................................

It didn't pay taxes.
It didn't pay creditors.
It didn't pay players and staff wages.

Mental :shrug:

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Why does a club that has spunked millions of pounds worth of parachute payments alongside millions from player sales - £15million on Diarra alone, deserve yet another chance alongside screwing over the tax payer. f*** em.

D

Deleted member 22389

And why did Luton get deducted 30 points a few years back?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This seems to be the typical view of a Pompey fan (from the same website). Self pity, not our fault, blame everyone else etc. As for a "march on your doorstep by thousands"- do me a favour! Pompey fans have done bugger all to date, so why would they start now??

"it is time for the football authorities to step in.this great club and its football ground given by the council 130 years ago.it is clear to anybody that our club,yes our great club that we all love has been illegally removed from us.us being the fans.someone in hongkong OWNS OUR GROUND??? cos he he gave a loan to someone else who didnt have a poi to p iss in?then chainrai claims he wasnt interested in the club?well what the f was he doing then?i could go on but will save my aces for another day.evil preplanned behaviour and they have been sussed.it is obvious to the football league.so join our group-cos we will get things done.AS I SAID STEP IN FOOTBALL AUTHORITIES.THERE WILL BE A MARCH ON YOUR DOORSTEP BY THOUSANDS-sort it out and do it now"

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The most galling thing is, that shower of crap are due another parachute payment of millions imminently.

The Premier League should tell them to get bent and pay it to their creditors instead.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
The most galling thing is, that shower of crap are due another parachute payment of millions imminently.

The Premier League should tell them to get bent and pay it to their creditors instead.

They deserve them though. Surely. How else are they going to spend the next year buying players for £2million quid alongside paying new additions 20k a week?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
‘It would give Pompey more time and it would be the right thing to do, because we are not in this situation because of anything the club has done.
‘This is down to its parent company and is different than last time.’[/I]
Laughable. The club is the parent company. However, I still empathise with fans of a club that has been run into the ground.

So Brighton fans did more to save their club from crooks, but our crooks were more easily identified, and we were able to see what they were up to early on. And a large proportion of Brighton fans did nothing, and were lucky to have some really dedicated fans fighting for their club. So your average Pompey fan has been no more lackadaisical than your average Brighton fan, and they don't deserve to lose their club.

That said, creditors should come first, and if the club has to start from the bottom, so be it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I empathised with the fan until hearing numerous whoops of delight when they refused to sell two players because "they wouldn't be able to replace them" and comments like the one above from the council that their current situation "isn't their fault". With their heads that deep in the sand and no consideration for common decency they deserve nothing.

In the current climate I really cannot see the Prime Minister "persuading" the HMRC to cancel the winding up order but then this is the guy who is happy for banks and multi-national telephone companies to escape their tax liabilities so who knows?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
still no news of their bank accounts being unfrozen which is ominous.

if it was going to happen then surely a week and a half would have been long enough?

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
This seems to be the typical view of a Pompey fan (from the same website). Self pity, not our fault, blame everyone else etc. As for a "march on your doorstep by thousands"- do me a favour! Pompey fans have done bugger all to date, so why would they start now??

I live near and work in Portsmouth and am often left open mouthed when listening to the conversations my Pompey supporting colleagues have. A couple seem to genuinely believe that the answer to all their problems is to get promoted back to the Premier League this season...

My favourite though is the guy who has been agonising over who to support next if they do go under!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Apparently it's all already earmarked for the payment of existing debts by the Premier League - they won't see a penny of it.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away

I'm pretty sure they can't get their grubby little hands on the next parachute payment because its already earmarked to go to pay the creditors from the last debacle. I think that was part of the agreement last time that it had to go to pay the CVA and they wouldn't get so much as a sniff.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How much of their cut price repayments have they made thus far?

I am failing to feel any sort of sympathy for the fans. If I were a Portsmouth fan, I would be quite pleased to get the club back and start a phoenix side. Screw Chanrai and others who want to profiteer out of this mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here