Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower league Pompey

That is very hard as a small printing firm for example if offered a large proportion lof work by PFC woulkd possibly get paid each time and then aftera few jobs thay would ask for credit and if you were doing the work and getting paid would probabaly agree.

When I worked for a stocktaking company, some years ago, we had a contract witha large hotel group who owed the small company, 5 employees, 30k and kept the men working 2 weeks a month. Each month the boss contacted the company and they sent a cheque for £5k but the work we did was worth £6k and the boss couldnt afford to stop doing the work as the businees would have folded or he would have had to lay off staff and then couldnt fulfill his obligations on the other 2 weeks a month.

My company uses Credit Checking facilities for every client, if they aren't credit worthy they pay Pro Forma, if a business will not do this then they are probably not worth doing business with in the first place.

Also we have credit insurance on all our clients, if one goes under the most we lose is £500.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Fratton Park has a 'sports use only' condition placed on it by the local authority so can't readily be developed in any multi use way to attract a developer.

It seems to be an open secret at Portsmouth City Council that should the club go out of business, then that particular condition can be overturned at the drop of a hat.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My company uses Credit Checking facilities for every client, if they aren't credit worthy they pay Pro Forma, if a business will not do this then they are probably not worth doing business with in the first place.

Also we have credit insurance on all our clients, if one goes under the most we lose is £500.

That is the correct answer but would a one man band, offered what appears to be a good contract, act so correctly and you could say they then deserve to lose out but we are not all perfect.

When I started my stocktaking firm we were engaged to do a complete stock take for Bestway Cash and Carry at 2 of their branches. After completing the task, having paid wages expenses etc out and spent £5k, which I was prepared to do as the fees were for in excess of £15k they went broke and we received nothing and were offered 1p in the pound. It peeves me to go to Asda at Hollingbury and see them on a prime site still trading and I lost a lot of money

Last edited:

That is the correct answer but would a one man band offered what appears to be a good contract act so correct;ly and you could say they then deserve to lose out but we are not all perfect.

When I started my stocktaking firm we were engaged to do a complete stock take for Bestway Cash and Carry at 2 of their branches. After completing the task having paid wages expenses etc out and spent £5k which I was prepared to do as the fees were for in excess of £15k they went broke and we received nothing and wre offered 1p in the pound. It peeves me to go to Asda at Hollingbury and see them on a prime site still trading and I lost a lot of money

Take your point, but it's not exactly difficult to find out that PFC have been in financial problems and if your a 1 man band doing business with a known risk then you are a bloody fool.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sometimes human nature and perhaps a little greed and soft soap talking take over. Still think the FA should accept some responsibilty as they alllowed the take over following an examination as to a fit and proper person to take over the club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They were interviewing some fans on South Today last week (or it might have been Late Kickoff). One of them was finally facing up to the fact that they might have to accept they'll have to "do an Aldershot", drop through the divisions and start again as a phoenix club from scratch.

The interviewer asked what League he thought Pompey could start again in. The reply ?

"I dunno...League Two maybe".

:facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They were interviewing some fans on South Today last week (or it might have been Late Kickoff). One of them was finally facing up to the fact that they might have to accept they'll have to "do an Aldershot", drop through the divisions and start again as a phoenix club from scratch.

The interviewer asked what League he thought Pompey could start again in. The reply ?

"I dunno...League Two maybe".

facepalm:

Perhaps he forgot to add of the Hampsire County League or their equivalent to the Sussex County League.

That would then make all of their players free agents and we could go after Liam Lawrence, a horrible b......d but a player that people would rather have on their side than against them.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I do feel a certain amount for them and I know it is hard over last time when they DID cheat the system but to be fair the fans raised money and paid the Cancer charity it owed money too, and the FA accepted their new guy in the fit and proper test and the club as far as I'm aware and been told has been operating by the book so far until the chairman was arrested, Since then it has been unable to pay the tax (800k for November and 800k for December) which is why it is now in trouble.

I think if it was our club people may see things differently, I feel anger should be directed towards the FA for not having a decent persons test that works and the administrator not PFC.

As for those who will inevitably say things such as why did the fans not question things when they signed expensive players in the summer I'm not sure that is fair Chelsea spent £50 on Torres alone in the summer whilst servicing a huge debt, In football you put a certain amount of trust in the owners.

All the parachute payments went straight into clearing the debt originally including any future ones so they didn't have that to pay these last two months.

I feel they do deserve a certain amount of understanding, Especially from us who know what it is like to have men at the top who don't always have a clubs best intentions at heart and have a tendency to lie to fans.

But hey that's just how I feel.

This - We are sooo lucky to have Tony Bloom and his team looking after the club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perhaps he forgot to add of the Hampsire County League or their equivalent to the Sussex County League.

That would then make all of their players free agents and we could go after Liam Lawrence, a horrible b......d but a player that people would rather have on their side than against them.

No, I think the fan genuinely throught League 2 was about as bad as it could get.

As for Liam Lawrence - £20k a week for that ? Nothankyouverymuch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would he expect that sort of wage after receiving nothing I am sure he would be open to negotiation.

He is similar to Chaplow at Southampton Nolan of West Ham and every team needs one of them

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I would love to see him or a similar type player carrying the balls forward that Bridcutt wins at the back.

I wouldn't have him carrying the balls to training

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How to make best use of scarce public funds - find a proven and secure investment..................

Andronikou asks for council funds to help Pompey - Pompey Past - The News

He (David Cameron) is the head of the government and HMRC is a branch of that government.

‘So if he tells them to withdraw their winding-up petition them presumably they have to do what they are told.

‘It would give Pompey more time and it would be the right thing to do, because we are not in this situation because of anything the club has done.
‘This is down to its parent company and is different than last time.’

strictly true of course as the club didn't do anything................................

It didn't pay taxes.
It didn't pay creditors.
It didn't pay players and staff wages.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here