Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Lorry attack in Nice

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Some pleasant Quran reading here:

http://quran.com/8/12

We shouldn't underestimate the power of this belief system because it inspires apocalyptic death with high rewards in heaven.

Not the right time fella, even if I may agree with you family members are not going home tonight of all faiths.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I guess the BBC aren't mainstream anymore since they moved to Manchester.

They said an area was cordoned off and lots of military and no press able to get close, which was a possible hostage situation.

They also said unconfirmed reports of police entering a nightclub.

As we are aware it is Bastille day, so reports of gunfire would be high.

Thankfully a false rumour.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Some dick reporter when being interviewed said lets not jump to conclusions. It could be right wing extremists, Unbelievable :tosser:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm surprised some of you are watching the videos. Each to their own of course, but it's not for me.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Some pleasant Quran reading here if people haven't read it before:

http://quran.com/8/12

We shouldn't underestimate the power of this belief system because it inspires apocalyptic death with high rewards in heaven.

That is only applicable in a case of war, and even then if it's a war that's not started by Islam. I don't see the case here for those terrorist wankers who started this atrocity (probably impostors), so it will not apply to them.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Things like this always make me glad my ancestors made their way to the bottom of the planet as far away from these mental ****s as possible.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
That is only applicable in a case of war, and even then if it's a war that's not started by Islam. I don't see the case here for those terrorist wankers who started this atrocity (probably impostors), so it will not apply to them.

Wrap these terrorists in PORK to stop them getting their 72 virgins

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2...terrorists-body-denying-him-daniel-greenfield

Muslims murder non-Muslims confident that if they die, they'll get access to "paradise" and 72 virgins to rape in the hereafter. Muslim clerics make even more extravagant promises, claiming that dead killers will receive all sorts of added benefits. Muslims who have killed (other Muslims) or committed adultery will still get an express ticket to paradise if they die while killing non-Muslims.

As long as he doesn't come into contact with a pig.

There's a long history of people fighting Muslim Jihadis by wrapping their Jihadis in pigskin or shooting them with lard bullets. US soldiers did it not all that long ago in the Philippines. While the belief that pork on a corpse can stop someone from going to heaven is nonsense... so is the underlying belief that killing non-Muslims atones for all sins. And if it deters Muslims, it's a plus. And if it doesn't, it still shows them that people aren't as helpless in the face of their racist violence as their governments often appear to be.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Rip to all the victims and thoughts with their families.

I'm in the USA at the moment, and it's getting full coverage here. Trump has delayed announcing his running mate.

Some of the republican politicians on TV saying that the US has to send in group troops to Syria now, as if that's going to sort the problem out.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My point is that it takes very little imagination to know what has happened. Sharing live images like that achieves nothing- except more grief for folk close to those at the scene.

Absolutely agree. I remember the appalling scenes l witnessed in a video clip I stumbled across, shot in the immediate aftermath of the Shoreham disaster last summer, before the emergency services got to the scene.

What perverted kind of urge makes people film personal suffering like that?

And as bad as Shoreham was, the Nice disaster of last night way surpasses it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Some of the republican politicians on TV saying that the US has to send in group troops to Syria now, as if that's going to sort the problem out.

Will they ever learn, that is actually just as depressing knowing that this would lead to further attacks.

French MP was asked how France would respond to these further attacks, his response was...

"Sadly we have learn to live with the possibility and reality these attacks will continue for the foreseeable future, if we want to preserve our values of freedom and liberty and not succumb to hate"

What a difference in attitudes.

Last edited:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Actually got tears in my eyes reading about this sounds so so horrific

This one I liked though.

05:57

People in Nice are using social media to try and find people who are missing.

One widely shared story comes from a Facebook user named Tiava Banner, who wrote: "We've lost our 8-month-old baby. Friends in Nice, if you've seen him, if you were there, if you've picked him up please contact me."

The post was later updated to say the baby had been found, and thanked a woman named Joy Ruez.

"Thank you Facebook to all those who helped and sent messages of support," Tiava Banner wrote, also adding hashtags associated with the Nice attacks.

The BBC has not been able to independently verify this story, but its spread shows perhaps how much people want to hear of a happy ending in the midst of the tragedy.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Will they ever learn, that is actually just as depressing knowing that this would lead to further attacks.

French MP was asked how France would respond to these further attacks, his response was...

"Sadly we have learn to live with the possibility and reality these attacks will continue for the foreseeable future, if we want to preserve our values of freedom and liberty and not succumb to hate"

What a difference in attitudes.

Just the sort of attitude that will result in civil war in France .

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
My heart goes out to family's and friends and the French pepole who just enjoying a day celebrating French History.������������

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Awful news, heart wrenching and as ever my prayers are with those lost, those suffering and those whose lives are now destroyed by this evil and cowerdly act.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
We are currently staying further along the coast in Sainte Maxime. If the cross section.of people that we.saw out last night was repeated in Nice, then the majority of people.killed would have been women, children, and teenage girls. We commented that blokes, especially locals, do not attend these sort of celebrations.
Terrible.Just terrible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here