Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Lorry attack in Nice

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I just came across a video and, without paying much attention, clicked 'play'. It's someone wandering down the street shortly after it happened. Utterly horrific scenes. Absolute carnage of the worst kind.

That rather gruesome video has been shared by a dutch nationalist. I've asked him what he is trying to gain by publishing it.

What is does reveal though is a small snapshot of absolute carnage. This appears to be a new and deadly tactic.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The number of major terrorist incidents in France is really beginning to mount up. Just awful.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That rather gruesome video has been shared by a dutch nationalist. I've asked him what he is trying to gain by publishing it.

What is does reveal though is a small snapshot of absolute carnage. This appears to be a new and deadly tactic.

It's not a new tactic at all, and I would suggest you know why he was sharing it.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Guardian:

British security and government officials are monitoring the situation in Nice, as the seriousness of the incident escalated.

The initial details suggest a tactic that jihadi propaganda has suggested for several years, with a vehicle ploughing into a crowd. For instance, Inspire magazine – affiliated with al-Qaida – urged the tactic several years ago.

There are two immediate direct consequences for the UK if the attack is confirmed as a terrorist incident: fears about the decision by terrorists to use the tactic and the fact that past attacks overseas have led to increase in hate incidents directed at Muslims in Britain.

Updated at 11.31pm BST

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Yes , much better to change your Facebook profile to a tricolour , display #youaintnomuslimbruv and trot out the standard nothing to do with Islam/law abiding majority/religion of peace/Muslims just as horrified as us bollocks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

That is the only video that shows what actually happened. It shows how spread out the victims were which, in turn, shows how deranged the driver must have been.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
footage of a little girl next to a body screaming.
i thought i heard her scream mama.
god i hope i misheard it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Probably best if not watched, the fact that it has happened is enough.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Pretty sure I heard that, does not bear thinking about.

Thinking of my French friends right now, then gonna sneak into my daughters bedroom and give her a kiss on the cheek before I go to bed.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That is the only video that shows what actually happened. It shows how spread out the victims were which, in turn, shows how deranged the driver must have been.

Yes , much better to change your Facebook profile to a tricolour , display #youaintnomuslimbruv and trot out the standard nothing to do with Islam/law abiding majority/religion of peace/Muslims just as horrified as us bollocks.

My point is that it takes very little imagination to know what has happened. Sharing live images like that achieves nothing- except more grief for folk close to those at the scene.

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
My point is that it takes very little imagination to know what has happened. Sharing live images like that achieves nothing- except more grief for folk close to those at the scene.

Not something I'd want to watch.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
French elections next year.

Marine Le Pen is quite popular out there. Attacks like this will strengthen her cause.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not reported in mainstream media.

I guess the BBC aren't mainstream anymore since they moved to Manchester.

They said an area was cordoned off and lots of military and no press able to get close, which was a possible hostage situation.

They also said unconfirmed reports of police entering a nightclub.

As we are aware it is Bastille day, so reports of gunfire would be high.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here