Not open for further replies.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I bought my girlfriend an early Christmas present today
I got her a wooden leg
It's not her main present though

It's just a stocking filler

Jeez is there anything on the telly Mr 'T' -------------roll on Saturday--------even alcohol doesnt help on a fecking boring Thursday night!! :drink::(:drink::thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
While we're banning LOL, can we get rid of smilies as well?

Well [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] posted "my tone is very much one of jest - that much should be obvious to anyone with..." tone is quite often defined by reader and they can make mistakes, thats what smilies or emoticons are for, or LOL.

Personally I would love to scrap all the lol and smillies and watch all the drama over misunderstandings unfold, but I'm sure the mods would be revolting over this change.;)

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Arf..!

Just seen this - US must have sat there for nearly 40mins, being unable to officially respond to the thread, then blown a gasket, and had to ask for the ban to be lifted.. Hilario :D

Sigh..
U.S isnt posting right now but has asked me to make it clear that i have the right facts before making him look foolish:

Apparently, i/we have it wrong. He did ask for a ban, and was given it, but that meddling bozza immediately lifted it for some reason unknown to him.
He did not ask him to, and has not contributed all week and has no intention of doing so.
He's asked me to credit him with some decency (See ref I) and withdraw my accusation and get my facts right before posting (See ref II)

I:
Gareth, you do sterling work for REMF, and all the offers of help with PPI etc (umm i was hoping to contact you about that, and pay you..never mind..!) and do not doubt your best motives are behind your every move. Never in question.
That this post is even being written, says lots about the general good feeling NSC has towards you.
As an aside, if you're a newbie out there, and PM me wanting a public apology, you can f*ck off and do one :angry:

II: With the above facts in my possession (inbox) i withdraw the previous comment. Maybe Bozza should put an explanation on that posting so that i and others don't read it incorrectly. It's downright inconsiderate.

[That all said.. On the face of it, the facts as they are ('Self imposed ban at 11.43, then it lifted at 12.21 some 38 mins later) does look funny, and your well known public posting history of (I'm off you b**tards; I'm back..) does strongly suggest that you got the needle, and asked for it to be lifted..]

I don't feel my comment on this, in regards to you, is particularly heinous at all, your given aforesaid public history, and i don't see quite why you couldn't calmly respond yourself, to my/Juniors comment with your own explanation. It would have served you well.
Couple of simple lines, fact based, no emotion required. Bish Bosh.

Now that immortal line from you last week of '<Certain Someone> is the HEATBEAT of NSC' is one i'll keep in the bank for another time.. :wrong:

Best wishes, R :kiss:

[That all said.. On the face of it, the facts as they are ('Self imposed ban at 11.43, then it lifted at 12.21 some 38 mins later) does look funny, and your well known public posting history of (I'm off you b**tards; I'm back..) does strongly suggest that you got the needle, and asked for it to be lifted..]
I can authoritively say that Uncle Spielberg did NOT ask for the ban to be lifted.

I take the view that there is no such thing as a "self imposed ban". Any poster is free to cease posting on NSC - temporarily or permanently - but that is their decision. To expect the moderators to get involved with such a decision is to abandon any sense of responsibility for your own actions.

People should take that responsibility for themselves and not drag the moderators into the matter.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I can authoritively say that Uncle Spielberg did NOT ask for the ban to be lifted.

I take the view that there is no such thing as a "self imposed ban". Any poster is free to cease posting on NSC - temporarily or permanently - but that is their decision. To expect the moderators to get involved with such a decision is to abandon any sense of responsibility for your own actions.

People should take that responsibility for themselves and not drag the moderators into the matter.

Ok, i hear that. Just for clarity to this exact point then, is it not a little odd that mods 'un-ban' posters and not tell them that they're 'back in the room..' ? And if it's before 'time due to be served' would you not add a note to say 'unbanned due to large bribe' or similar..? :shrug:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This seems to be a general trend of women posters on NSC over the years.

They lap up the attention here from desperate geeks - start to believe their own hype. One person says something mildly offensive. Geeks jump to their defence and everything kicks off. Meanwhile female poster refuses to post.

Yorkie and brightonbird spring to mind.

No offence aimed at you uncle xx

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This seems to be a general trend of women posters on NSC over the years.

They lap up the attention here from desperate geeks - start to believe their own hype. One person says something mildly offensive. Geeks jump to their defence and everything kicks off. Meanwhile female poster refuses to post.

Yorkie and brightonbird spring to mind.

No offence aimed at you uncle xx

Surely not hun? :D

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
payrise.jpg

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Female poster was actually told by a mod to leave the topic alone in the hope that you'd all grow up but it appears that you are incapable of growing up and can't help yourselves stirring the pot.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
It also says something when you get pm's from people - saying stuff like this

Sorry
Don't know you but just wanted to say sorry on behalf of some of the absolute wankers on NSC for the crap you've had to put up with recently! Don't let the buggers get you down!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Female poster was actually told by a mod to leave the topic alone in the hope that you'd all grow up but it appears that you are incapable of growing up and can't help yourselves stirring the pot.

Because you've contributed absolutely nothing to this thread have you, it's all been everyone else's fault. :whistle:

I'll be back later.

Edit: Why do I never get sent abusive PMs? Very disappointing really, I've always wanted to have a good laugh at something on here.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Sigh..
U.S isnt posting right now but has asked me to make it clear that i have the right facts before making him look foolish:

Apparently, i/we have it wrong. He did ask for a ban, and was given it, but that meddling bozza immediately lifted it for some reason unknown to him.
He did not ask him to, and has not contributed all week and has no intention of doing so.
He's asked me to credit him with some decency (See ref I) and withdraw my accusation and get my facts right before posting (See ref II)

I:
Gareth, you do sterling work for REMF, and all the offers of help with PPI etc (umm i was hoping to contact you about that, and pay you..never mind..!) and do not doubt your best motives are behind your every move. Never in question.
That this post is even being written, says lots about the general good feeling NSC has towards you.
As an aside, if you're a newbie out there, and PM me wanting a public apology, you can f*ck off and do one :angry:

II: With the above facts in my possession (inbox) i withdraw the previous comment. Maybe Bozza should put an explanation on that posting so that i and others don't read it incorrectly. It's downright inconsiderate.

I don't feel my comment on this, in regards to you, is particularly heinous at all, your given aforesaid public history, and i don't see quite why you couldn't calmly respond yourself, to my/Juniors comment with your own explanation. It would have served you well.
Couple of simple lines, fact based, no emotion required. Bish Bosh.

Now that immortal line from you last week of '<Certain Someone> is the HEATBEAT of NSC' is one i'll keep in the bank for another time.. :wrong:

Best wishes, R :kiss:

I got a similar PM but just decided he could do one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here