Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It didn't work out for him here, but he had enough decent games and great moments to suggest he wasn't a million miles off.

He's only just not good enough to forge a career in the Premier League. He'd be decent in the Championship and probably a world beater in MLS.

Really ? I'm kind of struggling to recall any decent games tbh. 4 goals in his spell here, 2 of which came against lower league opposition. I was willing him to do the business here, as were we all, but when the bloke barely even looked INTERESTED, I'm afraid patience starts to wear thin. He admitted almost as soon as he arrived that he was shite at heading a football - a minor disadvantage for a professional striker, you'd think.

He might bag a few in the USMTL I suppose. But he just doesn't look to me like he has the attitude or application to be anything more than a sub-standard player, wherever he ends up. He'll do just about enough to go through the motions to continue getting paid (handsomely), but no, he won't be decent. He just isn't.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Both signings are unproven at this level and in this environment so carry a degree of risk.

If they're pointed to NSC it's a risk to their mental stability. People need to understand that moves like that are difficult for the player, and they may take longer to acclimatise than they're allowed. That doesn't mean that they're useless and out of their depth.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Will never forgot that moment when the 'powerful and pacy' Locodia was running towards the Southampton goal last season in a promising attack....what happens next...the great carthouse falls over his own clown feet.
From that moment, I knew he was a dud and not a footballer.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm... we are still left with a striker who is too young and inexperienced, a striker who is too old and unable to contribute consistently, and an over-reliance on Maupay... in short, we should have signed another striker in the summer, didn't, and then in January, didn't, and now we flog a reasonable back-up... we then offer a packet of Werther's Originals, a walking stick, a Stennah stair-lift, and a lifetime Saga membership to Muzza to appease the gullible fans... unimpressed TBH...

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Really ? I'm kind of struggling to recall any decent games tbh. 4 goals in his spell here, 2 of which came against lower league opposition. I was willing him to do the business here, as were we all, but when the bloke barely even looked INTERESTED, I'm afraid patience starts to wear thin. He admitted almost as soon as he arrived that he was shite at heading a football - a minor disadvantage for a professional striker, you'd think.

He might bag a few in the USMTL I suppose. But he just doesn't look to me like he has the attitude or application to be anything more than a sub-standard player, wherever he ends up. He'll do just about enough to go through the motions to continue getting paid (handsomely), but no, he won't be decent. He just isn't.

He scored 6 goals for us:

* against Arsenal, Everton and Swansea in the PL - the first 2 winning us 4 points without which we'd be in the Championship this season.

* against Coventry, Derby and Millwall (plus a penalty in the shootout) in the FA Cup - the last of which helped towards a day out at Wembley.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

* against Arsenal, Everton and Swansea in the PL - the first 2 winning us 4 points without which we'd be in the Championship this season.

* against Coventry, Derby and Millwall (plus a penalty in the shootout) in the FA Cup - the last of which helped towards a day out at Wembley.

Wiki needs updating then.

And I'm not having this notion that his goals "kept us up" - if he'd been a half decent striker all season and not been so utterly lacklustre and disinterested, then maybe we'd not have been in such a perilous position in the first place. The fact he spent most of his time here picking splinters out of his arse is an indicator that CH wasn't seeing enough from him in training to play the bloke. He was nearly always a last resort.

Gone and good riddance.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

And I'm not having this notion that his goals "kept us up" - if he'd been a half decent striker all season and not been so utterly lacklustre and disinterested, then maybe we'd not have been in such a perilous position in the first place. The fact he spent most of his time here picking splinters out of his arse is an indicator that CH wasn't seeing enough from him in training to play the bloke. He was nearly always a last resort.

Gone and good riddance.

Don't use Wiki for football stats - Transfermarkt is much better - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jurgen-locadia/leistungsdaten/spieler/166240/plus/0?saison=2018

Other stats websites are available.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Gone and good riddance.

Of course they didn’t, the goals played a part though like all the others.

To suggest he could have made a difference is a wild leap of faith when everything else points to the contrary.

Ordinary player, not PL standard which two successive managers also appeared to agree with.

Bad/desperate piece of recruitment which hopefully will not get repeated (and perhaps could be why we never signed a forward this time - lessons learnt etc....).

Hope he does well at Cincinnati.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It didn't work out for him here, but he had enough decent games and great moments to suggest he wasn't a million miles off.

He's only just not good enough to forge a career in the Premier League. He'd be decent in the Championship and probably a world beater in MLS.

He also spent most of his time out wide which was clearly not his natural position.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013

He may be pony but people forget this, sure he should of scored more but the goals he scored ended up being vital when all we had to rely on was Murray and a temperamental Andone.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Will never forgot that moment when the 'powerful and pacy' Locodia was running towards the Southampton goal last season in a promising attack....what happens next...the great carthouse falls over his own clown feet.
From that moment, I knew he was a dud and not a footballer.
Ha. Exactly the same time I wrote him off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here