[Albion] Locadia Today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He honestly wasn't bad in the Eredivisie and before his injury had a lot of top clubs looking at him. The issue was and I think still is, he doesn't have the determination to get his fitness back to that standard.

Worst thing is, is that if they don't buy him he's ours until 2022.

Unless we pay them

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Was always the case when he got there.

I think they deeply regret it as he's been completely shit. 15 straight games without a goal I think. Sure, the fact that the whole team is shit and that Jaap Stam wants the team to play the most boring and defensive football in the MLS wont help him, but you still got to better than that in a weak league like the MLS.

Watched their game last night and not only is he bad, he is lazy as well.

He will be returning in June, I just cant see them using their option to buy. Will be interesting to see what the club decides to do with him for the last year of his contract as I cant see anyone wanting to sign him.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I think they deeply regret it as he's been completely shit. 15 straight games without a goal I think. Sure, the fact that the whole team is shit and that Jaap Stam wants the team to play the most boring and defensive football in the MLS wont help him, but you still got to better than that in a weak league like the MLS.

He will be returning in June, I just cant see them using their option to buy. Will be interesting to see what the club decides to do with him for the last year of his contract as I cant see anyone wanting to sign him.

Some of your post could be contrived as to what rose tinted glasses BHAFC were watching him through, to signing him ???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Some of your post could be contrived as to what rose tinted glasses BHAFC were watching him through, to signing him ???

Yup. I think it was a chance signing, really.

A few years ago I was the "leading Eredivisie" expert in Sweden (competition: not much) and I remember that he was considered this mega talent, getting compared with previous PSV strikers like Romario, Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy etc.

He made a good first season and a slightly better second season, but after that he just stopped developing and spent three or four years being considered a waste of potential until he had a short, decent spell in the beginning of 17/18, and that made Brighton buy him for big money.

Probably whoever responsible for the transfer hoped that "ok this guy is finally becoming the new Van Nistelrooy, LETS GO BOYS" and thought it would be clever to buy him before bigger clubs noticed it.

However, turns out that scoring four goals against in a 7-1 win against Utrecht did not make him the new Romario/Ronaldo/RvN. And now his future is likely the same as for the other Dutch mega talent of his generation, Luc Castaignos (no idea what he is up to but he aint no Premier League star).

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

A few years ago I was the "leading Eredivisie" expert in Sweden (competition: not much) and I remember that he was considered this mega talent, getting compared with previous PSV strikers like Romario, Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy etc.

He made a good first season and a slightly better second season, but after that he just stopped developing and spent three or four years being considered a waste of potential until he had a short, decent spell in the beginning of 17/18, and that made Brighton buy him for big money.

Probably whoever responsible for the transfer hoped that "ok this guy is finally becoming the new Van Nistelrooy, LETS GO BOYS" and thought it would be clever to buy him before bigger clubs noticed it.

However, turns out that scoring four goals against in a 7-1 win against Utrecht did not make him the new Romario/Ronaldo/RvN. And now his future is likely the same as for the other Dutch mega talent of his generation, Luc Castaignos (no idea what he is up to but he aint no Premier League star).

Must admit 1st time I saw him I thought he was shit. Andone may be batshit mental but there is a player in there. AJ not PL standard maybe but not rubbish jury is still out on that one. Locadia poor and I think he would struggle in League One in this country. Keep playing the way he is and we may find out....

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA

I thought it was a 5 month or so loan, extended due to Covid. This would make it an 18 month-ish loan, are we sure they havent exercised the buy option and we just haven't seen news of it yet? I've no idea, just the length seems odd

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Locadia is like one of those one off pop music releases that get to No#2 in the hit parade, never to be heard again.
Until a novice DJ (BHAFC), play that tune again, but its too late :lolol:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
A few years ago I was the "leading Eredivisie" expert in Sweden (competition: not much)

Swansman thinking he's the expert. What a surprise!

One of those signings where you can tell he hasn't got the attributes to make a good player very soon after you first see him.

One of the signings that seriously made me wonder who is scouting our signings.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Without doubt the pound for pound worst value signing in Brighton history.

Although Jason Peake costing something like £125k when we were pretty much bankrupt, destined for the very bottom and him being totally useless probably felt worse at the time?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I thought it was a 5 month or so loan, extended due to Covid. This would make it an 18 month-ish loan, are we sure they havent exercised the buy option and we just haven't seen news of it yet? I've no idea, just the length seems odd

Initial loan was from January to June (or July) and he started well in the few games before Covid, so Cincinnati decided to extend the loan with a full year (until summer 2021). They are likely paying his full wage so Bloom was probably delighted that they wanted to take him on for another year.

Cant see them using that option, think he will return in the summer unless he is completely brilliant for the first half of 2021. While not official, rumour is that the buy option means they would have to pay $10m and that is a lot of money for a small MLS club to pay for a goalless striker who at his best is considered a decent target man.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Initial loan was from January to June (or July) and he started well in the few games before Covid, so Cincinnati decided to extend the loan with a full year (until summer 2021). They are likely paying his full wage so Bloom was probably delighted that they wanted to take him on for another year.

Cant see them using that option, think he will return in the summer unless he is completely brilliant for the first half of 2021. While not official, rumour is that the buy option means they would have to pay $10m and that is a lot of money for a small MLS club to pay for a goalless striker who at his best is considered a decent target man.

Got it, thanks Swansman!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Swansman thinking he's the expert. What a surprise!

One of those signings where you can tell he hasn't got the attributes to make a good player very soon after you first see him.

One of the signings that seriously made me wonder who is scouting our signings.

While I'm generally brilliant, this particular subject was the one where I actually got paid for my expertise..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports