[Albion] Locadia Today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Wonder if it's possible to do a pre contract with the MLS side, keep Locadia here as we're short on numbers and then let him go just before that window closes on 5 May. That would keep him here for nearly all remaining games.

Not a fan of big Jurg but needs must, it's the last Turkey in the shop.

Not sure if that would make good economic sense. I left it till the last day before Christmas to buy my turkey and it was reduced by 75%.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The sheer ENTHUSIAM over there for this signing is actually quite sweet to see. "He's played in Europes top 5 Leagues!!!"

Who knows, maybe in a monkey tennis league he can actually make a dent. But he'll probably spend more time in an LA recording studio. Or seeing if he can find any more space for another tattoo.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The sheer ENTHUSIAM over there for this signing is actually quite sweet to see. "He's played in Europes top 5 Leagues!!!"

Who knows, maybe in a monkey tennis league he can actually make a dent. But he'll probably spend more time in an LA recording studio. Or seeing if he can find any more space for another tattoo.

I see that you have done your best to curb their enthusiasm on that Twitter account :smile:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

It didn't work out for him here, but he had enough decent games and great moments to suggest he wasn't a million miles off.

He's only just not good enough to forge a career in the Premier League. He'd be decent in the Championship and probably a world beater in MLS.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It didn't work out for him here, but he had enough decent games and great moments to suggest he wasn't a million miles off.

He's only just not good enough to forge a career in the Premier League. He'd be decent in the Championship and probably a world beater in MLS.

Tells you all you need to know about the bloke. Happy to take the money and embrace voluntary semi-retirement in the US at the grand old age of 26. What a waste of space :wave:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
bearing in mind that Bradley Wright-Philips is a bona fide MLS legend, I'm sure DJ Juergen can bundle in a few goals here and there

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He never really settled into the side, even when he had a few games and scored a couple of goals, he never looked up to the standard. He's another victim of being overshadowed by a better player, Glenn Murray wasn't ready to stand aside and let him into the team. At least, in this case, the player who kept him out of the team was performing and justifying their continued inclusion in the side.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He never really settled into the side, even when he had a few games and scored a couple of goals, he never looked up to the standard. He's another victim of being overshadowed by a better player, Glenn Murray wasn't ready to stand aside and let him into the team. At least, in this case, the player who kept him out of the team was performing and justifying their continued inclusion in the side.

Disagree. The player had more than enough chances to shine. Sadly tho, was just a latter-day TROLLEY. Not the recruitment team algorithm's finest moment. Dreadful signing, no matter how you dress it up

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Disagree. The player had more than enough chances to shine. Sadly tho, was just a latter-day TROLLEY. Not the recruitment team algorithm's finest moment. Dreadful signing, no matter how you dress it up

And I disagree with that - it's very difficult for any player coming in from a different country and not having the opportunity to play in the team to get up to pace. Spanish Dave would never have become anything under Hughton, he wouldn't have had the chance to settle into the team and he should surely be the player we think of when they eventually click. They're not all Bruno/Gross who can settle immediately into the side. Locadia needed a consistent run of games, but the difficulty was that he wasn't playing well enough to justify it - so it never happened, and here we are. Even his loan to Hoffenheim didn't really get him in the side.

Ultimately, he'll be remembered as a turkey and I think that's all it is. I do feel some sympathy for him, but he'll quickly be forgotten by most of us.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And I disagree with that - it's very difficult for any player coming in from a different country and not having the opportunity to play in the team to get up to pace. Spanish Dave would never have become anything under Hughton, he wouldn't have had the chance to settle into the team and he should surely be the player we think of when they eventually click. They're not all Bruno/Gross who can settle immediately into the side. Locadia needed a consistent run of games, but the difficulty was that he wasn't playing well enough to justify it - so it never happened, and here we are. Even his loan to Hoffenheim didn't really get him in the side.

Ultimately, he'll be remembered as a turkey and I think that's all it is. I do feel some sympathy for him, but he'll quickly be forgotten by most of us.

Sounds like you entirely DON'T disagree with what I posted. You just used five times as many words to say exactly the same thing :lol:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Locadia was an OK striker in the dutch league and a terrible striker in this league. Never mind not getting the chance or Murray keeping him out of the team. When he did play he didn't look much like a footballer at all, let alone a £14m one.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Locadia was an OK striker in the dutch league and a terrible striker in this league. Never mind not getting the chance or Murray keeping him out of the team. When he did play he didn't look much like a footballer at all, let alone a £14m one.

To be fair to Locadia the PL is full of players who really haven't done much , every club has them e.g. the Newcastle 3 cost £80 million and have scored 4 goals between them. It is a much tougher league than most others. Personally think La Liga is probably the closest.

Any idea of what sort of money we might recoup?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
To be fair to Locadia the PL is full of players who really haven't done much , every club has them e.g. the Newcastle 3 cost £80 million and have scored 4 goals between them. It is a much tougher league than most others. Personally think La Liga is probably the closest.

Any idea of what sort of money we might recoup?

4m apparently - im happy we clawed that much back tbh - never upto it and had plenty of chances too

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

A £14m striker is exactly what Locadia is.

The trouble is, £14m is unlikely to get you someone who'll pull up trees in this division. £25m is about the average rate and as we've seen, you can spend £35 or £40m and it's still a risk

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

I really hope that we aren't seeing the same stuff after 6 months of Big Mac.........

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I really hope that we aren't seeing the same stuff after 6 months of Big Mac.........

Both signings are unproven at this level and in this environment so carry a degree of risk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports