Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
My first time in Anfield, it really does leave places like Old Trafford, the various Emirates and Stamford Bridge in the dust for atmosphere, light years ahead.

I thought we did ok today, not great not awful. Wonderful start and battling grit throughout and a brave flurry at the end. My one real disappointment was our failure to get our passing game/build from the back going - I know people are dressing it up as a clever change of tactics but sadly all it meant was it offered class players plenty of chances, 30 shots indeed. If Salah had his shooting boots on today our mood would be a bit darker tonight.

I thought both goals were individual errors. Can’t give a player as good as Szoboszlai the freedom of the park to pick out his pass into the box, not good enough that.

But I travel back still in better mood than I left Brighton, I think the players are battling hard, showing good quality and a win at Brentford is possible on that performance plus a few better bits and pieces
Not if brentford play like they did v manure and not feeling confident abt dunk up against toney to be honest.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Tchoh! The Guardian’s “10 Talking Points” for the week speculates about Welbeck moving on.

It’s not unreasonable, with him being out of contract in the summer, but I’m getting a bit tired of the only context I see us in the media being who’s leaving and why they bloody well should.
:mad:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I should say before I forget, as we've finally reached the magical 40 point mark and seem unlikely to be relegated so will be back in Liverpool next season.

Those driving to that game and happy with a brisk 20+ minute walk really should consider parking in Lowerson, Asser or Ferguson Road.
I thought the area would be decent looking at a map, but it turned out to be pretty much perfect.

#HighlightOfTheDay.

Last edited:

boik

Tchoh! The Guardian’s “10 Talking Points” for the week speculates about Welbeck moving on.

It’s not unreasonable, with him being out of contract in the summer, but I’m getting a bit tired of the only context I see us in the media being who’s leaving and why they bloody well should.
:mad:
That's because the media don't have a clue about who might be joining us so they can only speculate on outgoings. Chill.

Not if brentford play like they did v manure and not feeling confident abt dunk up against toney to be honest.
Thought Dunk and JP were superb throughout, felt Veltman and Estupian less so. Baleba offers more for me than Gilmour. But if we can't get points at Brentford, I think we can effectively if not actually kiss top 8 goodbye

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Thought Dunk and JP were superb throughout, felt Veltman and Estupian less so. Baleba offers more for me than Gilmour. But if we can't get points at Brentford, I think we can effectively if not actually kiss top 8 goodbye
Yep, huge game in that respect. I've got a feeling we'll finish 11th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here